Study find cheaper mortgages and stable house prices in wake of Brexit vote
0 Have your say A new study has found that predictions of disaster for the housing market in the wake of the Brexit vote seem to have gone largely unfulfilled. Research by Which? Mortgage Advisers has found that in the 100 days since the vote to leave the EU, there are more mortgages available, rates are cheaper and house prices are relatively stable.
In June 2016 there were a total of 4,736 mortgage products available. By the end of September, that figure had risen to 5,266 deals on offer from banks in the UK.
For first-time buyers there was good news as the number of deals offering 95 per... read more
- 08:07 Woman who set fire to her partner's belongings does not have to pay...
- 08:06 Ice cream rush helps supermarket sales soar in June
- 08:06 Troops in Myanmar's Rakhine on high alert after killings of Rohingya
- 08:06 Carlisle woman tried to steal takeaway delivered to her home
- 08:06 Which? reveal best and worst broadband speeds in the UK
- 08:05 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 08:05 Antonio Conte still threatening to quit Chelsea over transfers
- 08:05 Waterloo Road bridge to close for repairs
- 08:04 10 police stations to close to the public
- 08:04 Alvaro Morata to Chelsea: Antonio Conte to hijack Man Utd move -...
- 08:04 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp still wants Virgil van Dijk but deal...
- 08:03 Italian doctor who worked at Leicester Royal Infirmary had not...
- 08:03 Fire at three-storey premises caused by faulty sewing machine
- 08:02 How do street performers float? The levitating trick explained
- 08:02 Rare opportunity to buy Windermere lakeside plot and boat house
- 08:01 Middlesbrough slap £25m fee on Ben Gibson: Boro don’t want to sell,...
- 08:01 Sing a song for us Andrew Bridgen! North West Leicestershire MP...
- 08:01 Don't be tempted to swim in dangerous water - no matter how hot it...
- 08:01 Thousands of pets in the East Midlands at risk of deadly diseases
- 08:01 Homeless man stole deoderant to sell for food in Worksop
- 08:01 Morrisons introduces puppets into all stores to teach kids the...
- 08:01 15 things all surfers know to be true
- 08:01 International Sunglasses Day: What your sunglasses type says about you
- 08:00 Nikkei rises for 3rd day as weak yen supports; steel shares soar
- 08:00 Stada buyout falls short of shareholder acceptance target
- 07:58 Alexandre Lacazette transfer looks ideal for Arsenal, says...
- 07:58 PSG contact Fabinho as Manchester United talks drag on
- 07:58 Man who pushed boy off bike in Leamington park sought by police
- 07:57 Prince Charles trip on Royal Train cost taxpayers £46,000
- 07:57 Two bullies filmed attacking schoolgirl, 12, tracked down