Study find cheaper mortgages and stable house prices in wake of Brexit vote
0 Have your say A new study has found that predictions of disaster for the housing market in the wake of the Brexit vote seem to have gone largely unfulfilled. Research by Which? Mortgage Advisers has found that in the 100 days since the vote to leave the EU, there are more mortgages available, rates are cheaper and house prices are relatively stable.
In June 2016 there were a total of 4,736 mortgage products available. By the end of September, that figure had risen to 5,266 deals on offer from banks in the UK.
For first-time buyers there was good news as the number of deals offering 95 per... read more
- 09:50 Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann claims current side isn’t good...
- 09:48 Great places in Derby city centre to stop for coffee or cake while...
- 09:46 Chelsea star Willian: I am delighted Antonio Conte said this about me
- 09:45 West Bridgford residents worried after spate of burglaries
- 09:44 Site manager scoops accolade
- 09:43 Man rescued from bungalow fire in Kirby Muxloe
- 09:43 Catholic church in Manila issues prayer against expanded death penalty
- 09:43 Analysis - After Aleppo, Syria's Assad still far from regaining his...
- 09:43 Five killed in explosion near cathedral in Cairo
- 09:39 An Inspector Calls: Everything is pristine at Hurley House Hotel in...
- 09:39 Go shopping in New York... but pop into Iceland first thanks to...
- 09:39 The peak of luxury: A flying hot-tub, built-in sushi bars and bling...
- 09:37 Children antlers for fundraising reindeer runs
- 09:37 Church-run scheme in Barrow offers to help families struggling with...
- 09:36 Delving into family history
- 09:36 Coldstream art gallery moving to new premises
- 09:29 Max Holloway calls out Jose Aldo after claiming interim UFC...
- 09:29 Manchester United in talks with Premier League rival over January...
- 09:28 AA Gill: Final article describes cancer fight
- 09:27 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Derby County vs Reds live at the iPro Stadium
- 09:27 Crash closes main Nottinghamshire road
- 09:26 Welsh Government property deals net nearly £7m profit since 2007
- 09:25 Beliebers dance with Justin
- 09:24 Man charged following sexual assaults in Burnley
- 09:23 Uber driver clocks up longest ride in history and it only cost £233.88
- 09:21 Ofgem under fire over deal struck with Co-op Energy
- 09:20 BREAKING: Bomb explodes in Egypt by Cairo's Coptic Cathedral, at...
- 09:19 £450k M55 warning sign project completed
- 09:19 The mystique of Mustique: Yes it's gorgeous and glamourous but you...
- 09:19 A flaming Fab New Year: The best events to welcome in 2017 revealed