Students turn to teachers before parents or friends for advice
2 Have your say Most students prefer to seek advice on course options from their teachers rather than friends or family, according to new research.
A poll of pupils carried out by Which? University found that when it came to choosing their A-level subjects, six in ten sought out their teachers for guidance before making their decision.
Just under half (49 per cent) consulted their parents on their future studies and even fewer (42 per cent) spoke to their friends about their options.
The survey of 1,000 students also found that less than a third (31 per cent) bothered to ask a careers... read more
- 18:44 Michael ‘Venom’ Page urges David Haye to listen to his body and...
- 18:44 Manchester United make opening £96m bid for Lazio star Sergej...
- 18:43 Students win £1.5m pledge from UCL after five-month rent strike
- 18:43 View from the Zoo: Valentine joins rest of flock in Lost Kingdom
- 18:42 Rupert Everett gears up for the next chapter: moving in with his mum
- 18:39 View from the Zoo: Valentine joins rest of flock in Lost Kingdom
- 18:36 Mario Mandzukic to Man Utd: Juventus star wants Premier League move
- 18:29 Two people who died were among 15 hospitalised at Mutiny Festival
- 18:27 Mourinho on red alert with Manchester City not interested in Gareth...
- 18:27 Defending French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko out in the first round
- 18:27 Chris Froome wins Giro d’Italia in Rome to join cycling’s exclusive...
- 18:23 Teenager's leg stuck in cattle grid in Wigan
- 18:23 Mohamed Salah injury update: Liverpool star reveals all on...
- 18:22 Music review Wow-factor from wonderful wizard of Os Mutantes and crew
- 18:20 Police appeal after cyclist is injured in collision with car in...
- 18:13 Chennai spot-fixing allegation is outrageous, say Bayliss and Root
- 18:13 Richard Wood fires Rotherham into Championship with playoff final...
- 18:13 Johanna Konta falls at first hurdle of the French Open yet again
- 18:11 F1 Monaco GP: Daniel Ricciardo holds off Sebastian Vettel to secure...
- 18:04 Pet hotel planned for Wigton
- 18:03 Venus Williams loses in straight sets in first round of French Open
- 17:55 Mohamed Salah confident he will be fit for World Cup after injury...
- 17:50 Alex Sandro to Man Utd: Juventus open talks amid rumours that £44m...
- 17:48 Students to sue LSE over 'mouldy and mice-infested flats'
- 17:48 Student housing tempts wealthy investors
- 17:46 Police issue urgent appeal to find missing 12-year-old girl in...
- 17:41 You’ll Never Walk Alone? Jermaine Pennant destroys Loris Karius...
- 17:38 Wartime Village another victory for museum
- 17:37 Lifeboat called out to kayaker and kite surfer off Fylde coast
- 17:37 Blackpool mum who died in Thailand 'was brainwashed'