Students to talk at nation’s Festival of Remembrance
A group of students have helped to cast new light on the role of Asian soldiers in the First World War.
The pupils from Marsden Heights Community College, Nelson, will now be invited to speak about their project at the annual Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall in November.
Working with The Participation Works NW (PWNW), Brierfield Action in the Community and the Royal British Legion for the past two years, the group researched their families’ connections to the First World War.
Lynne Blackburn, youth and community worker for PWNW, said: “I feel so honoured and proud to have... read more
- 10:17 So much for rise of the machines: Starship drone inventor is hiring...
- 10:17 Criminals are in for a shock as police are poised to get more...
- 10:17 Move over Tatooine: Incredible video shows THREE SUNS appear over...
- 10:17 X-Factor star Honey G to play live show in Sheffield tonight
- 10:17 The 'Shazam for faces': World's first facial recognition for...
- 10:17 PICTURES: Olaf greets visitors to the Lowedges Christmas market
- 10:17 British teenagers lag behind world's best in maths and reading tests
- 10:16 MOBO award winner to compose RSC score
- 10:15 FCA tightens rules for spread betting products
- 10:15 Pisa tests: Singapore top in global education rankings
- 10:15 Kiosks for clubbers to test quality of party drugs “could save lives”
- 10:15 Morecambe Arndale Centre’s Argos store to close
- 10:15 David Eatock: It was a part of my life I wanted to forget – I’d...
- 10:15 Inquest to take place after Barrow car park plunge
- 10:15 GLIDER TRAGEDY UPDATE: Eye witness says glider fell to the ground...
- 10:14 The five Premier League stars who scored the highest percentage of...
- 10:14 Dutch defender is wanted: Arsenal will locks horn with Man United...
- 10:13 Woman seen running from scene after attempted Knaresborough burglary
- 10:14 Arsenal star: Why beating Man United was a career highlight
- 10:13 Aldi to recruit dozens more staff across area
- 10:13 WATCH: Song for Christmas - Elland C of E Junior and Infant School
- 10:13 Police probe suspected arson attack in South Shields
- 10:12 Manchester United defender Phil Jones admits 'dropping points is...
- 10:11 A hair-raising way to help
- 10:11 Loris Karius and Lucas Leiva must improve if Liverpool are to win...
- 10:09 Borough chief Kennedy won't be standing down even after 'unreserved...
- 10:09 Northampton’s biggest single social housing development for 30...
- 10:09 Nelson cousins meet TV stars
- 10:09 City designers join online marketplace
- 10:09 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents