Student who was left unable to walk or talk following a horrific car crash defies doctors to become a ballerina
A teenager was left unable to walk, talk and eat following a car crash which almost took her life.
Megan Sargeant, 17, from Bagnall, Staffordshire, suffered life-changing injuries after the accident while on holiday in Florida in July last year.
The student was put in a coma for five weeks to help her try to recover from her severe brain injury and fractured spine, pelvis and leg.
Doctors revealed she may never regain consciousness, but after a grueling 18 month recovery, Megan defied all expectations to take part in a public ballet recital.
Despite still needing the support of a leg... read more
- 10:07 Half-term success for Leamington players across the Midlands area
- 10:07 Southam United boss issues apology after Stafford thrashing
- 10:07 White kids in deprived areas ‘up to 75 times more likely’ to be in...
- 10:07 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:07 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:07 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:07 Who joins Harry Kane and Cesc Fabregas in the Premier League team...
- 10:07 New Mills pupils’ artwork helps to spread the word
- 10:07 Roy Keane backs Man United to make shock move for Prem star
- 10:07 Colleagues to host charity football match in memory of Peter
- 10:06 Wonderland review: A 'daring take on two literary classics'
- 10:06 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:06 Opening date revealed for McDonald's in Matlock
- 10:06 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:05 Man City EDS sweating on Premier League Cup progress after draw vs...
- 10:05 Reading group: which Anthony Burgess book shall we read to mark his...
- 10:04 Broadchurch star Julie Hesmondhalgh blasts TV portrayal of sex attacks
- 10:04 Aston Villa: Steve Bruce's unwanted selection dilemma - predicted...
- 10:04 Birmingham City: This is why Leeds United boss Garry Monk won't be...
- 10:04 Jansen praises ‘colossal’ impact of striker Jack
- 10:04 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:04 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:04 St Johnstone’s cancelled day off was positive not punishment
- 10:04 Nando’s lovers rejoice, there’s a new sauce in town and it’s hotter...
- 10:03 Dear Justine Greening, whatever happened to ‘eradicating illiteracy’?
- 10:03 South Shields FC owner hopes for new £10million ground
- 10:03 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:03 Malaysia says North Korean firms linked to arms trade being...
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business