STROKE CRISIS: Patients missing best possible care due to consultant and nurse shortage
Experts from the Sentinel Stroke National Audit Programme (SSNAP) warned that only half of stroke services have an adequate number of nurses on their stroke units.
As a minimum, there should be 2.375 higher grade nurses for every 10 stroke beds - but only 51 per cent of sites currently meet this target.
On weekends, only 20 per cent of sites have the right number of nurses for the most acutely ill stroke patients and those receiving continuing care.
On weekends, there should be at least three registered nurses on duty per 10 stroke beds. Having fewer nurses is linked to more patient... read more
- 14:11 Brexit blamed as Apple hike price of iPhone apps by 25 per cent
- 14:11 £24,000 grant to enhance visitor experience of Shakespeare
- 14:11 LEEDS BOMB SCARE: Latest on city centre drama
- 14:11 Buy Magnum P.I's Ferrari! The 308 GTS driven by Tom Selleck in...
- 14:10 Cheshire West council tax bills set to rise by 3.99%
- 14:10 Sheffield is named as UK's friendliest city
- 14:10 Bosnian Serb leader wants U.S. ambassador declared persona non grata
- 14:10 In northern Aleppo, children return to school used as Islamic State...
- 14:08 Derbyshire men wanted to become Butlers in the Buff
- 14:08 Aston Villa fans plan illuminating tribute to Graham Taylor at...
- 14:07 Inner Wheel of Woodhall Spa gives treat to young carers
- 14:06 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink delivers prediction on Leeds' season: This...
- 14:05 Someone’s made a range of gin and tonic bath products
- 14:04 Futures flat ahead of Goldman results, Yellen speech
- 14:04 Germany to reach out to Trump government to keep good ties - Merkel...
- 14:03 Now THAT'S one way to stretch your legs! Inside the tiny mobile...
- 14:03 Kicking seats, smooching and drinking excessively: Do YOU commit...
- 14:03 Tunisia attack: 'Army of police' would have scared tourists
- 14:03 Brexit means ... well we're still not entirely sure!
- 14:03 'This bag contains a bomb, a gun and loads of drugs': Tourist...
- 14:03 They've pimped this ride! Couple transform a van into a...
- 14:03 Inside the shadowy state of North Korea: Photographer releases his...
- 14:03 David Goodwillie pleads innocence and says he's ready to appeal...
- 14:03 Travellers could be a step closer today to getting a stopover site...
- 14:03 Man, 26, charged with murder of fellow patient in hospital
- 14:02 Jose Mourinho praised by goalkeeper after Manchester United...
- 14:02 Police appeal following assault
- 14:01 Campaign steps up in Copeland by-election battle
- 14:01 Cause a scene if you see racism, urges Midlands MP
- 14:00 Rare sighting of waxwing feasting on berries in Derbyshire garden