STROKE CRISIS: Patients missing best possible care due to consultant and nurse shortage
Experts from the Sentinel Stroke National Audit Programme (SSNAP) warned that only half of stroke services have an adequate number of nurses on their stroke units.
As a minimum, there should be 2.375 higher grade nurses for every 10 stroke beds - but only 51 per cent of sites currently meet this target.
On weekends, only 20 per cent of sites have the right number of nurses for the most acutely ill stroke patients and those receiving continuing care.
On weekends, there should be at least three registered nurses on duty per 10 stroke beds. Having fewer nurses is linked to more patient... read more
- 12:31 Give us a break! North west men sneak more leisure time
- 12:30 Give us a break! North west men sneak more leisure time
- 12:30 Vaping banned in restaurants, bars and offices in New York
- 12:29 Greg Rutherford returns to defend his Commonwealth gold medal as...
- 12:30 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:29 Record-breaking try-scorer Julian Savea will line up AGAINST the...
- 12:29 Try this simple technique to help you fall asleep in 60 seconds
- 12:29 Aldi to stock special drinks range for Hallowe’en
- 12:29 M&S is looking for more than 100 Christmas staff in Newcastle
- 12:29 More than 5,600 IS foreign fighters have returned home - report
- 12:28 Man City youngster Oleksandr Zinchenko opens up about his future
- 12:28 Aldi to stock special drinks range for Hallowe’en
- 12:27 Unity Works ‘not in a position’ to pay refunds
- 12:26 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:25 Dr Martens boosted by rising full-year sales and profits after Asia...
- 12:25 Awkward moment Ben Shephard grills Davood Ghadami over Strictly...
- 12:25 Louise Redknapp ‘house-hunting’ in London with new BFF Daisy Lowe
- 12:24 How record signing Matej Vydra has emerged from the shadows at...
- 12:24 Toback: 200 more women contact LA Times about harassment
- 12:24 MP says local taxpayers should not pay to police national fracking...
- 12:24 Kelly Clarkson: 'When I was really skinny I wanted to kill myself'
- 12:24 Halloween in The Octagon shopping centre in Burton this half term
- 12:23 Burton Albion players to raise money for Children in Need with...
- 12:23 Why armed police officers are also 999 life-savers
- 12:23 Lincolnshire has second biggest pothole problem in East Midlands
- 12:21 Fantastic! Poppy Prom tops £40,000 to support our war veterans
- 12:20 £300k investment in Chester car dealership site
- 12:20 Train fire caused disruption between Chester and Crewe
- 12:20 Budding Barra footballer makes 320-mile round-trip to mainland for...
- 12:20 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire