Strike action to cause more chaos for rail passengers on Southern trains
Rail passengers on some of the country's busiest routes face a fresh bout of travel chaos for the next three days as another strike in the bitter row over the role of conductors gets under way.
Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union were due to mount picket lines at the start of the action today, with disruption set to continue until Friday morning.
Southern said it will run around 61% of its normal full timetable but warned there will be a restricted service, with many routes having fewer trains, and on some routes there will be no train service.
The union said it had received a... read more
- 09:23 Boston United to extend stay at York Street while Quadrant building...
- 09:22 Man smashes van windscreen in road rage incident in Corby
- 09:22 WATCH: Dolphins captured by drone off Northumberland coast
- 09:21 Three wasted police time by making false 999 calls
- 09:21 Two women 'sexually assaulted' at Download Festival, court told
- 09:21 Big Little Lies: Nicole Kidman left in 'a lot of pain' with...
- 09:20 Which 11 Prem stars make it into the European media’s top 25...
- 09:20 In-demand midfielder appears to confirm Manchester United transfer
- 09:20 Burglars targeting two Sheffield suburbs in crime wave
- 09:20 Mobile phone snatched from delivery company
- 09:20 New car park opens in Crowle as part of regeneration plans
- 09:20 Neighbours star Little aims for large panto success at Palace Theatre
- 09:19 Work on £52,000 skate park nearing completion
- 09:19 South Yorkshire blinded military hero makes second attempt to reach...
- 09:19 Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour a summer target for Chelsea - but...
- 09:19 VOTE: Have PNE left themselves with too much to do?
- 09:18 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:18 Meet Nottingham lawyer whose brother-in-law Nick Wright scored one...
- 09:18 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:17 Richard Branson makes THIS shocking Dragon's Den confession
- 09:17 WEATHER ALERT: Beware foggy conditions
- 09:17 AA full-year core profit steady, new business up
- 09:17 Fears Brits could lose £1.1bn in spare change by forgetting to swap...
- 09:17 Coventry City and Charlton Athletic fans to team up for joint...
- 09:17 Elderly man taken to hospital after fire at Norman Hudson Care Home...
- 09:17 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:16 South Yorkshire residents could no longer get access to...
- 09:16 New Zealand coach issues injury update on Leeds star Chris Wood,...
- 09:16 Chelsea transfer decision to be made in next fortnight, steep fee...
- 09:15 Cumbrian family take brain tumour campaign to Westminster