Stressed nurse from Shropshire border took her own life, inquest told
Ann Burdett’s body was discovered in a pond after she drowned herself in May.
Her death came just a week after she had been referred to mental health services.
A coroner has vowed to write to Royal Stoke Hospital, where Ann, 51, had worked in the baby unit, to raise concerns about stressed staff.
Her fiance Andrew Ward said the combination of a heavy workload and the stress of moving house had taken its toll.
Ms Burdett, of Manor Court, Bishops Offley, near Market Drayton, had worked as a nurse for 25 years, first in Stafford before transferring to Royal Stoke.
Jane Hambleton, senior... read more
- 10:21 The 10 Premier League bosses to win the most points over the past...
- 10:21 Sex offender didn't want police to disturb his bereaved family
- 10:21 Stroll With Stu: Reunion a great way to end walk to village pub
- 10:21 Telford A&E could close overnight
- 10:20 Weak sterling supports UK's FTSE ahead of Brexit trigger, mid caps...
- 10:20 Muslim groups plan march against Jakarta's Christian governor
- 10:20 Iraqi forces battle towards landmark Mosul mosque
- 10:20 Duggan family lose inquest appeal
- 10:19 EU antitrust regulators block Deutsche Boerse, LSE merger
- 10:19 Why Pets at Home are set to stop selling rabbits over Easter
- 10:19 Mirko Cro Cop wants retirement fight with fellow legend...
- 10:18 Paul Weller EXCLUSIVE: ‘Magical moment’ music icon records NEW song...
- 10:18 Sir Elton John preparing animated Joseph And The Amazing...
- 10:18 Johnathan Rayfield attacked a Batley shop assistant as he stole a...
- 10:18 Leonardo DiCaprio pays tribute to ‘best acting mum’ after death of...
- 10:18 Book review: Irresistible: Why we can’t stop checking, scrolling,...
- 10:18 Disgraced hospital consultant who ripped off NHS gets unpaid work
- 10:18 Bool review: Birdcage Walk, by Helen Dunmore
- 10:18 7 great family days out in Scotland
- 10:17 Halifax MP Holly Lynch warns prison officers face huge risk of...
- 10:17 Crash on busy Scarborough road
- 10:17 Gunnar Nelson reveals who he wants to fight after emphatic Alan...
- 10:16 Troon FC swoop for former Ayr United and Hearts star Ryan Stevenson
- 10:16 Murder suspect in police custody over stabbing in Sheffield
- 10:16 Circa Waves at Nottingham's Rock City - Review
- 10:15 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination
- 10:15 Staffordshire bull terrier owner dies after own dog attacks
- 10:14 Big Interview: The man who runs a £4.9 billion a year business
- 10:14 Life-saving drug alert system
- 10:14 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination