Stress at record high for UK workers
Workplace stress has reached record levels, according to a TUC report for World Mental Health Day.
The survey, which questioned more than 1,000 health and safety reps showed that seven in ten of those questioned regarded stress at work as the top health hazard - a figure up on the 67 per cent figure from 2014.
Those in public sector jobs appear to be worst hit according to the report. 93 per cent of those representing central government employees regarded it as one of the top five hazards, while nearly nine in 10 of respondents in the education sector and more that four out of five in the... read more
- 12:53 Concern for missing Whitley Bay man
- 12:53 Manchester United agree deal with right-back, contract agreed -...
- 12:53 Theresa May confirms: Britain will leave the single market
- 12:52 Airbus CEO sees 'flying car' prototype ready by end of year
- 12:52 Set-piece goals put Blyth Spartans on top of league
- 12:51 Telford man wanted for recall to prison is arrested
- 12:51 Man wins £10,000 by spinning a wheel at Nottingham casino
- 12:51 No Brexit deal better than "bad deal", UK's May says
- 12:51 Brexit boost for Notts firm A1 Flue Systems - with new jobs and key...
- 12:51 Gendarmes fire into the air at camps in Ivory Coast - witnesses
- 12:51 Cuba's flagship contemporary dance company to open 40th tour in...
- 12:50 Woman jailed for North Yorkshire bank card fraud
- 12:51 Claudio Bravo vs Joe Hart stats are VERY interesting to Man City fans
- 12:50 Video: UK will take back laws, borders and exit single market, PM says
- 12:51 Phil Jones discusses competition with Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling...
- 12:50 Leeds ‘the country’s fastest growing city’
- 12:50 Former RGC ace Olly Cracknell named in Wales Six Nations squad
- 12:50 I should be having a first pint with my son - but instead I'll be...
- 12:50 Police hunt man who TWICE followed elderly woman into home and...
- 12:49 Cumbrian pre-school's vetting failures lead to inadequate rating by...
- 12:49 ‘The service is a joke’ - Metro passengers react to new timetable news
- 12:49 Zimbabwe pastor held over Robert Mugabe death prophecy
- 12:48 ISIS on the brink? Iraqi forces make big advance on Mosul, the...
- 12:48 Migrants to be forced to work unpaid for asylum as besieged Italy...
- 12:48 Seven tax rebates worth hundreds of pounds you could be entitled to
- 12:48 Manchester United forward has asked to join Barcelona - report
- 12:46 Appeal launched to restore treasured beauty spot in Ripon
- 12:46 Jayne Dawson: Hold on to your hats – the Donald Trump show is starting
- 12:46 Village becomes first to receive superfast broadband
- 12:46 Sheffield's Kelham Island named in top ten coolest places in Britain