Stress at record high for UK workers
0 Have your say Workplace stress has reached record levels, according to a TUC report for World Mental Health Day.
The survey, which questioned more than 1,000 health and safety reps showed that seven in ten of those questioned regarded stress at work as the top health hazard - a figure up on the 67 per cent figure from 2014.
Those in public sector jobs appear to be worst hit according to the report. 93 per cent of those representing central government employees regarded it as one of the top five hazards, while nearly nine in 10 of respondents in the education sector and more that four out... read more
- 06:49 Hyundai Motor third-quarter profit slides for 11th straight...
- 06:49 UK firms' confidence halves after Brexit, London region suffers -...
- 06:49 Birmingham obesity crisis to cost city health services £2 billion...
- 06:49 Drugs gang member jailed after £125m smuggling scam loses appeal
- 06:48 Holme House prison to host 'jobs fair' to help improve employment...
- 06:48 Missiles hurled at WhatsApp paedophile's house by vigilantes
- 06:48 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 06:48 Blanket ban on off-licence bids in South Holland put back
- 06:45 Louth teenager has been missing since Sunday
- 06:45 Focus on the league, but Rafa Benitez eyes cup success at Newcastle...
- 06:43 SE Asia Stocks-Lower; Philippines slides as U.S. alliance worries...
- 06:43 Paul Beatty is first American to win Man Booker Prize for The Sellout
- 06:43 Theresa May ‘told bankers about Brexit dangers before ref’
- 06:42 Toyota to recall 5.8 million cars in Japan, China, Europe over...
- 06:41 'My scars make me feel happy and proud': Man born with heart defect...
- 06:41 UFC News: Alvarez slams McGregor, Couture on St-Pierre, Jones sends...
- 06:39 Great Boughton school library to close to the public
- 06:38 VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows suspect covered in cash as cops...
- 06:38 ‘Massive’ fly tip of 50 corrugated asbestos sheets in Old Leake is...
- 06:36 Police and council urge direct action to tackle begging
- 06:35 Disruption expected as Post Office managers stage 24-hour strike
- 06:35 New picture issued of woman who has been missing for six days
- 06:35 Single parents in Nottingham owed more than £12m in child maintenance
- 06:35 Nottingham's Monster of literature launched in time for Hallowe'en
- 06:33 North East is ‘driving force’, says NHS boss
- 06:33 Council now plans to finish job in one stint
- 06:33 Derby man called his mum after attacking victim to say 'I have slit...
- 06:33 10 of the North East’s most haunted places to visit this Halloween
- 06:33 Hartlepool headteacher receives OBE from the Queen
- 06:32 Chip pans ban call after man flees Sheffield house blaze