Strength in depth can take Albion Rovers far, says Darren Young
DARREN YOUNG insists Albion Rovers will have staying power this season because of the squad’s strength in depth.
The Coatbridge gaffer admits the competition for top-team places is hotting up after three League One wins in four games.
New signing Kevin McCann is knocking on the door after recovering from injury with left-back Kyle Turnbull, Gary Fisher in midfield and striker Ross C Stewart all champing at the bit to get back into the starting line-up.
And Young, 37, is confident the team’s performance levels will remain high after this weekend's international break because of a beefed-up... read more
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap
- 13:46 Bid to stop thieves targeting paving flags
- 13:46 Stags players present pupils with awards
- 13:46 Schoolgirl carer, 11, is 'amazing', says mum
- 13:46 Who's in I'm a Celebrity 2016? Line-up rumours include Sam...
- 13:45 Boss believes Toyota will not pull plug on Derbyshire factory...
- 13:45 New £130k science lab to open next month
- 13:45 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 13:45 Labour to investigate claims of anti-Semitism and entryism within...
- 13:44 North East Poppy Appeal is launched with a call to rethink remembrance
- 13:43 Black Cat Day: Adopt brothers Benedict and Basil who are in need of...
- 13:43 Hurst street stabbing: Boss says area is safe after pair injured...
- 13:42 Cancers survivors are TWICE as likely to be on antidepressants due...
- 13:42 Strong UK GDP data prompts global bond sell off on frets over...
- 13:42 Take a look at me now! Woman who had a FACE transplant after she...
- 13:42 King’s Cliffe author Nick has short story included in Twisted...
- 13:41 Chester King's School team to compete in world engineering finals
- 13:41 Twitter to cut HUNDREDS of jobs as workforce is slashed by 9%:...
- 13:41 Killer sought via text message broadcast
- 13:40 Urijah Faber may end retirement if golden opportunity appears
- 13:40 Arsenal transfer bombshell: Mesut Ozil has already held secret...
- 13:40 Students in line for success with movies
- 13:39 Yes GPs, do ask us about our weight. But please listen to our...
- 13:39 Peterborough City Hospital on black alert for fifth day
- 13:39 Furness residents told not to be alarmed by gunshots