Streets come alive as Derby Folk Festival hits record numbers
The sound of bells in Sadler Gate on a Sunday isn't a rarity what with the popular shopping street's proximity to Derby Cathedral.
But this Sunday, they have been ringing to a different peal of bells, those attached to the multitude of Morris dancers who were performing at Derby Folk Festival.
One of the most local troupes to entertain the crowds were Makeney Morris, who are based in Belper.
Matthew Walton, from the group, said: "It has been absolutely brilliant, the crowds have come out for us and we have loved performing.
"This is the second or third time we have danced at Derby... read more
- 16:54 John Joyce re-elected as Addleshaw Goddard’s managing partner
- 16:54 All eight Lincolnshire councils could be abolished saving £150m
- 16:54 Rasen man jailed after knife attack in town centre
- 16:52 Stacey Solomon confesses her sexual fantasies and says she hopes...
- 16:52 'Allo 'Allo! star Gorden Kaye dies aged 75
- 16:48 Four in 10 junior doctors have fallen asleep at wheel
- 16:48 Family of drug dealer ordered to hand over FOUR houses
- 16:48 Extra trains running for Leicester City's FA Cup game at Derby County
- 16:48 Anderson Silva offers advice to Ronda Rousey following UFC 207 loss
- 16:47 Is Tesco offering a bum deal on toilet roll?
- 16:47 ATR boss troubled by competition impact of Bombardier bailout
- 16:46 Government confirm HS2 cannot buy Long Eaton land not linked to...
- 16:46 Stop talking rubbish, this tree is not an ISIS terror threat says...
- 16:45 Resident Evil 7 biohazard review – survival horror reborn
- 16:45 Actor Gorden Kaye, known as ‘Allo ‘Allo’s Rene Artois, dies at the...
- 16:45 Man tries to trip up teenager before victim has bike stolen in Corby
- 16:45 Lightsaber martial arts is a thing, and we tried it
- 16:45 Compensation available to people affected by loss of gas supply in...
- 16:45 Eurovision 2017: Which former X Factor contestant will represent...
- 16:44 What's your chance of developing lung cancer? Map reveals those...
- 16:44 Why a glucose drip could be the key to speeding up birth for women...
- 16:44 QUIZ: Can you be perfectly Frank when it comes to Sheffield-bound...
- 16:44 Mecca looking to reward couples who fell in love at the bingo
- 16:43 Expected Liverpool XI: Star man to return to Jurgen Klopp's 4-3-3...
- 16:43 Why you shouldn't worry about eating burnt toast and roast potatoes
- 16:43 POLL RESULT: How you voted on Theresa May and the single market
- 16:43 Lincolnshire County Council leader calls for poll on unitary authority
- 16:43 Drivers feel the pinch as the price of diesel hits a two-year high...
- 16:43 Thieves steal cash in series of raids on Grantham businesses
- 16:42 Thousands caught using phones at the wheel in West Yorkshire