Street lights in Stamford, Bourne, Boston and Spalding go LED - but thousands will be turned off all together
0 Have your say Work to introduce a more cost-effective approach to street lighting in the county will continue in and around Bourne, Stamford, Spalding and Boston over the next few months - but 3,000 street lights are being turned off for good.
In light of ongoing funding cuts, Lincolnshire County Council is looking to save £1.7m from its annual £5m street lighting budget. This will be achieved through the following measures, which will be introduced countywide:
* 7,000 of the county’s 68,000 lights will be swapped for low-energy LED ones which can be dimmed
* ‘Part-night’ lighting is... read more
- 09:54 Phew! What's that pong over Lincoln?
- 09:53 Weston brothers in pop with plan to put smile back into music
- 09:52 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will always respect Chelsea...
- 09:52 National news headlines for Saturday October 22
- 09:51 Foul-mouthed parent rants at woman after school parking complaint
- 09:51 Kanye West pays tribute to wife Kim Kardashian in emotional...
- 09:51 Australians rally for refugees in stand against far-right sentiment
- 09:50 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:50 Train derails and overturns in Cameroon killing at least 53 and...
- 09:50 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at north Cumbrian school's...
- 09:49 Fire crews release casualty trapped in machinery at Dyke
- 09:47 BREAKING: Murder probe as British man found tied to Malaga airport...
- 09:46 Pet shop owner fined over waste disposal shambles
- 09:46 Orionids meteor shower: how to see this weekend’s spectacle
- 09:46 Bus wars: Arriva responds to YourBus competition with refurbished...
- 09:44 Oswestry skatepark death: Rave boss avoids being sent to jail
- 09:44 Shropshire netball official jailed for taking £50,000 of club funds...
- 09:44 Property damaged in chip pan fire
- 09:42 Firebugs cause more damage to playground
- 09:42 Warning after youths seen with fireworks at park
- 09:42 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:42 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at Cumbrian school's prize...
- 09:40 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny: This is how Arsene Wenger proved...
- 09:40 Marcus Rashford: Chelsea are just like Manchester United
- 09:38 Fundraising appeal to save Cantelupe Centre from closure gains...
- 09:38 You can ‘bank’ on volunteers to revamp school play area
- 09:36 Travel review: Hit the north to discover the real Portugal
- 09:36 Cumbria County Council to hike taxes by four per cent every year...
- 09:36 'Furness General Hospital staff made me feel like a criminal' says...
- 09:36 Crackdown on problems at Barrow block of flats revealed