Street lights in Stamford, Bourne, Boston and Spalding go LED - but thousands will be turned off all together
Work to introduce a more cost-effective approach to street lighting in the county will continue in and around Bourne, Stamford, Spalding and Boston over the next few months - but 3,000 street lights are being turned off for good.
In light of ongoing funding cuts, Lincolnshire County Council is looking to save £1.7m from its annual £5m street lighting budget. This will be achieved through the following measures, which will be introduced countywide:
* 7,000 of the county’s 68,000 lights will be swapped for low-energy LED ones which can be dimmed
* ‘Part-night’ lighting is being introduced in... read more
- 05:50 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho preparing to get one over on...
- 05:49 The North Wales £520k house price gulf just over a mile wide
- 05:49 EFL Cup final: Which clubs have won the competition most often?
- 05:44 Australia, Indonesia restore full military ties, see progress on trade
- 05:44 Egypt annoyed as Britain continues suspension of flights
- 05:43 Newcastle vs Sunderland - which city's residents are most likely to...
- 05:43 Time for a talk talk with Talk Talk over the way they handle...
- 05:43 Got an appointment with Scottish Power? They might not turn up
- 05:43 Question Time is coming to Sunderland: How can I get in the audience?
- 05:43 From birdwatching to chess… favourite hobbies of each Prem club's...
- 05:43 Manchester United v Southampton combined XI: Who makes the cut...
- 05:39 'Bursting point' NHS has missed bed targets for five years - Labour
- 05:39 Booze touts, bonking and 'professional beggars': Is it time to...
- 05:39 Monster who raped two girls was previously jailed over £115,000...
- 05:38 Minister unveils name of North Yorkshire Sirius Minerals mine
- 05:37 Arsenal setback: Potential Arsene Wenger replacement could become...
- 05:31 IS threat to UK as great as the IRA's in the 70s - terror...
- 05:31 Top bosses! Which managers have won the EFL Cup since 1992?
- 05:31 Watch in awe as man detonates cage full of fireworks in his garden
- 05:21 New bistro open for business in Lincolnshire town
- 05:17 Eric Cantona discusses Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Why he's so important...
- 05:02 Stoke boss Mark Hughes has his say on Dele Alli's horror tackle
- 05:02 David Haye wants to end Tony Bellew's career in front of his family
- 04:55 Ernie is laid to rest at the winning post
- 04:52 Jeremy Corbyn 'determined to finish job'
- 04:48 Homes approved for garden
- 04:43 Pokemon Go APK reveals more news on shiny Gen 2 Pocket Monsters
- 03:49 Cesar Azpilicueta wants more trophies to earn label of Chelsea legend
- 03:49 Fernerbahce ready to listen to offers of £13million for Chelsea...
- 03:44 Ministers criticised over named person consultation