Stratford GC’s Rob continues his rapid rise
STRATFORD Golf Club’s Rob Copperthwaite is celebrating following a season to remember.
The 23-year-old started the season with a handicap of two, but under the guidance of the club’s assistant professional and coach Fred Jewsbury, Copperthwaite has reduced it by four shots to +2.
Copperthwaite joined all of the other members who triumphed in major events at the club’s presentation night recently, including the Club Championship and Singles Matchplay event and the Box Morgan Cup.
He took his excellent his form on to the Midlands amateur circuit, winning the Kedleston Goose and Sandwell Arch... read more
- 13:00 Exposed files on Microsoft's document-sharing site
- 12:59 Neymar again calls for Barcelona to sign Liverpool star Philippe...
- 12:59 ‘Overworked’ Dumfries High teacher falsified pupils’ results
- 12:59 Coca-Cola probe launched after human waste found in drinks cans
- 12:58 Is this the best job on the planet? Blogger will be paid £24k to...
- 12:58 Roaming wild in the radiation zone: Endangered species are THRIVING...
- 12:58 And you thought YOU were tired! Hilarious photos capture people...
- 12:58 Attacks on Nigerian students shock India
- 12:57 Is Cheryl planning on swapping music for the lucrative mummy market?
- 12:57 Turkey warns Europe not to meddle in referendum, "mind its own...
- 12:57 EU urges Hungary to ensure migrant holding camps comply with asylum...
- 12:57 Coutinho ready for 'intense' Merseyside derby clash
- 12:57 GBP Latest: Euro fails to gain on pound ahead of Scottish...
- 12:56 Girl suffers fractures and bruising following assault
- 12:56 6 Music Festival reviews: The Shins/Grandaddy and Bonobo/Songhoy Blues
- 12:56 Kenilworth run riot in eight-try Wanderers victory
- 12:55 '239 redundancies at Danwood Lincoln after takeover'
- 12:55 Fundraising boost for Birmingham Big Art Project
- 12:55 99p Stores placed into administration
- 12:55 Major resort road to close from 7pm-6am starting from TONIGHT
- 12:54 The boy who spends his life under blue lights to keep him alive:...
- 12:54 Sir Andy Murray out of Great Britain’s Davis Cup tie with France
- 12:54 MPs criticise bat attack abuse sentence
- 12:54 Was Bake-Off really good for Brexit?
- 12:54 Search for missing mum and 10-week-old baby widens to Cheshire
- 12:54 How pupils at a South Tyneside school are making maths lessons rock
- 12:53 Burgham Trials hit by ground conditions
- 12:51 Arsenal 'need more Alexis Sanchez-type of players', says Sol...
- 12:51 Nottinghamshire captain Chris Read announces his retirement: 'All...
- 12:51 Mesut Ozil's future at Arsenal may depend on Arsene Wenger staying,...