Strategy needed to deal with HIV epidemic
'A lack of coherent leadership on HIV could spell disaster for the 100,000 people currently living with the disease.' Above, budding of HIV virus from cell tissue. Photograph: Deco Images II / Alamy/Alamy Today Lord Collins will raise a question in the House of Lords, asking why the government has no comprehensive strategy to deal with the increasing HIV epidemic in the UK.
The previous national HIV strategy expired in 2010 and so far the coalition government has failed to implement a new one. HIV remains one of the most serious infectious diseases affecting the UK. In London, one in every... read more
- 06:50 Schools invited to be part of the future of engineering
- 06:50 Council now plans to finish job in one stint
- 06:49 Hyundai Motor third-quarter profit slides for 11th straight...
- 06:49 UK firms' confidence halves after Brexit, London region suffers -...
- 06:49 Birmingham obesity crisis to cost city health services £2 billion...
- 06:49 Drugs gang member jailed after £125m smuggling scam loses appeal
- 06:48 Holme House prison to host 'jobs fair' to help improve employment...
- 06:48 Missiles hurled at WhatsApp paedophile's house by vigilantes
- 06:48 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 06:48 Blanket ban on off-licence bids in South Holland put back
- 06:45 Louth teenager has been missing since Sunday
- 06:45 Focus on the league, but Rafa Benitez eyes cup success at Newcastle...
- 06:43 SE Asia Stocks-Lower; Philippines slides as U.S. alliance worries...
- 06:43 Paul Beatty is first American to win Man Booker Prize for The Sellout
- 06:43 Theresa May ‘told bankers about Brexit dangers before ref’
- 06:42 Toyota to recall 5.8 million cars in Japan, China, Europe over...
- 06:41 'My scars make me feel happy and proud': Man born with heart defect...
- 06:41 UFC News: Alvarez slams McGregor, Couture on St-Pierre, Jones sends...
- 06:39 Great Boughton school library to close to the public
- 06:38 VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows suspect covered in cash as cops...
- 06:38 ‘Massive’ fly tip of 50 corrugated asbestos sheets in Old Leake is...
- 06:36 Police and council urge direct action to tackle begging
- 06:35 Disruption expected as Post Office managers stage 24-hour strike
- 06:35 New picture issued of woman who has been missing for six days
- 06:35 Single parents in Nottingham owed more than £12m in child maintenance
- 06:35 Nottingham's Monster of literature launched in time for Hallowe'en
- 06:33 North East is ‘driving force’, says NHS boss
- 06:33 Council now plans to finish job in one stint
- 06:33 Derby man called his mum after attacking victim to say 'I have slit...
- 06:33 10 of the North East’s most haunted places to visit this Halloween