Stranded ships: Have Tynemouth's visitors now outstayed their welcome?
Three ships which came sailing in - then never left - are still a talking point in Tynemouth as uncertainty over their future rumbles on.
The three bulk carriers, whose owner is believed to have gone bust, have now become a fixture on the horizon and show no signs of moving on.
Replacement crews have been keeping them ticking over since their original crews were allowed to leave in June.
The ships are the Vyritsa, Brasschaat and Zarechensk which were owned by Belgian company Sobelmar, known to have hit problems as long ago as March 2015.
Bulker operator Sobelmar Antwerp NV was owner, and... read more
- 10:35 ‘That show was as white as it gets!’ Sex and the City’s problematic...
- 10:34 Aston Merrygold set to Rip It Up with Strictly Come Dancing...
- 10:32 How Arsene Wenger changed English football and it's attitude...
- 10:31 Black Mirror’s Michaela Coel celebrates her glorious melanin amid...
- 10:31 Motorists warned to take care following spate of accidents
- 10:31 Frankley Killers YouTube gangster among criminals jailed for more...
- 10:30 County cricket: Yorkshire v Notts, Somerset v Worcs and more – live!
- 10:29 Coventry RFC to mark passing of John Gardiner ahead of Darlington...
- 10:28 Have you seen missing man William Hope?
- 10:25 Camping in France is a full-on bargain: Discovering the delights of...
- 10:25 Why Lily James's new movie will make you giddy for Guernsey - an...
- 10:23 Nail artist Catalano
- 10:21 Scandal-hit councillor Lewis Ritchie under fire for no shows
- 10:18 Car wash planned at garden centre near Carlisle
- 10:17 ‘I’m 41, single, disabled, broody. And still considering my options’
- 10:17 'It feels like having a limb cut off': the pain of friendship breakups
- 10:17 Blind date: ‘Awkward moments? Maybe when I ate food off his plate’
- 10:17 The secret to… combining your finances as a couple
- 10:16 Ripley girl selling precious toy to raise funds for air ambulance
- 10:14 Ban on plastic bags to be introduced at markets in Warwick District
- 10:14 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:12 COURT REGISTER: Who’s been before the bench...
- 10:09 Dave Seddon’s PNE Press View: It’s Alan Browne or Ben Pearson for...
- 10:09 Avicii’s ex-girlfriend speaks out in wake of his death: ‘He was my...
- 10:09 Ban on plastic bags to be introduced at markets in Warwick District
- 10:08 Anderton Boat Lift holds first 10k trail race and fun run
- 10:07 Smallville actress Allison Mack arrested and charged with sex...
- 10:07 Last sighting of Avicii shows Levels DJ looking frail and tired...
- 10:05 The Down Memory Lane Column - 1995 in pictures
- 10:05 Councillors hold Pocela surgery