Story Homes rapped for planning condition breach
The developer behind a controversial housing estate has been rapped for breaching planning conditions.
Carlisle-based Story Homes was served a legal notice by Allerdale council for working unsociable hours at its 320-home development at Strawberry How in Cockermouth.
The firm has been warned it could face enforcement action if it fails to comply with the terms of its planning permission.
A Story Homes spokeswoman said the notice related to a single incident on Saturday, September 9 in which contractors worked on the highway next to the development at about 6.30am.
She added that no work was... read more
- 12:05 Wolverhampton wind turbine plan: Petition launched against huge...
- 12:05 Former West Brom chairman's daughter in legal battle over Wallis...
- 12:05 Justice for Marine A campaign: Supporters gather on Cannock Chase...
- 12:04 Secretary of State to rule on ‘flood-risk’ former factory site
- 12:04 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:04 Manchester United face Griezmann competition, Rooney wanted and...
- 12:04 Where next for Kenilworth’s voters if Warwick and Leamington...
- 12:04 Man City defender Pablo Maffeo opens up about nerves vs Manchester...
- 12:04 Credit to Burnley company defending against card fraud
- 12:03 Bastian Schweinsteiger sends message to Man United players ahead of...
- 12:03 Which type of NOSE do you have? From the Nubian to the Hawk, expert...
- 12:02 West Ham ‘s London Stadium branded a ‘powder keg’ for trouble...
- 12:02 Sir Alex Ferguson lauds Arsenal star Alex Iwobi after winger’s...
- 12:02 Retiring Blackpool hairdresser’s permanent wave goodbye!
- 12:02 Fylde coast shale gas supply chain events planned
- 12:02 Highstreets hit as online retail rise continues
- 12:02 Hotel and pub fined over food hygiene
- 12:01 Tata Steel says European steel plans unchanged
- 12:01 11 things you’re now too old to do at Halloween
- 12:01 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:01 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 12:01 Tarporley hosts first inter-schools cross country event of the term
- 12:01 M&S opens pop-up Christmas shop in Leamington
- 12:01 Man in court over suspect North Greenwich Tube device
- 12:00 XV Beyond The Tryline: Watch EXCLUSIVE rugby trailer with Prince...
- 12:00 Tottenham snubbed by Uber over £20m-a-year deal: Picture of model...
- 12:00 This history of McNames - a Scottish surnames McA-Z
- 12:00 Plans to double the number of places at Wellingborough primary school
- 11:59 Diamond confident Cobblers will get Sixfields form back on track
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall