Story Homes rapped for planning breach
THE developer behind a controversial housing estate has been rapped for breaching planning conditions.
Carlisle-based Story Homes was served a legal notice by Allerdale Council for working unsociable hours at its 320-home development at Strawberry How in Cockermouth.
The firm has been warned it could face enforcement action if it fails to comply with the terms of its planning permission.
A Story Homes spokeswoman said the notice related to a single incident on Saturday, September 9 in which contractors worked on the highway next to the development at about 6.30am.
She added that no work was... read more
- 09:55 Devastated family of missing dad-of-four pay heartbreaking tribute...
- 09:53 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:53 Enthusiasts putting on their dancing shoes for Roy Castle
- 09:53 BREAKING: ISIS destroys ancient monuments in Palmyra after jihadis...
- 09:52 Todmorden’s Yorkshire Bank branch to be axed
- 09:52 David De Gea offers Manchester United star Paul Pogba advice after...
- 09:52 World-class striker discusses transfer to Liverpool
- 09:51 Man defends digger driver dad implicated in disappearance of Ben...
- 09:51 Robbie Fowler reveals the real story behind his Liverpool exit
- 09:51 Ranked and reviewed: Manchester United’s No.7s - is Memphis Depay...
- 09:50 Zoo demolition revealed new elephant house
- 09:49 Premier League boss hands Chelsea transfer blow: I hope this deal...
- 09:49 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:49 Police arrest five and recover Class A drugs after stopping man in...
- 09:49 Edenred shares fall as major investor Colony exits via stake sale
- 09:49 Police ‘very concerned’ for missing Leeds teenager
- 09:48 Appeal after car in collision with woman walking dogs in South Cumbria
- 09:48 Three killed and twenty injured after man deliberately drives at...
- 09:48 British workman dies in Qatar during construction of 2022 World Cup...
- 09:48 Plenty to see and hear on Wakefield’s Artwalk on January 25
- 09:47 Royal seal of approval for South Yorkshire midwife
- 09:47 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match ahead of...
- 09:47 Asian stocks, dollar drop as Trump caution outweighs China GDP
- 09:47 Spain arrests Russian bank-account hacker wanted by FBI
- 09:46 Win the chance to watch Manchester United first-team train with the...
- 09:46 May urges Scots voters 'tell Sturgeon you don't want a second...
- 09:46 British man dies working on Qatar 2022 World Cup stadium
- 09:46 Theresa May needs to be careful about Scottish opinion, says Record...
- 09:46 Royal seal of approval for South Yorkshire midwife
- 09:46 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold