Storm Angus: South-east England braced for 80mph winds
Coastal areas in south-east England are set to be hit by 80mph winds in the first named storm of the season.
The Met Office has issued an amber "be prepared" warning before Storm Angus reaches the coast from Bournemouth to Dover overnight.
A yellow "be aware" warning for winds up to 55mph and heavy rain has been issued for a larger area of the south and east of England, including London.
Forecasters are warning of possible localising flooding.
First storm With 1.6in (40mm) of rainfall expected in some areas, Met Office forecaster Simon Partridge said there could be... read more
- 15:41 Two Black Country leisure centres to close over Christmas
- 15:39 The 13 burning questions Google is being asked about Nottingham
- 15:34 Derby people looking for love needed by TV show First Dates
- 15:33 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 15:28 Gourmet Burger Kitchen planning to open in Leicester
- 15:27 David Luiz: My reaction to Chelsea's vital victory over Manchester...
- 15:27 Diego Costa: What I thought of Chelsea beating Manchester City
- 15:27 Bournemouth v Liverpool – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Man United star slams David Luiz after horror challenge: Chelsea...
- 15:27 Everton v Manchester United – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Antonio Conte delighted with Chelsea character in win over...
- 15:26 Thai activist arrested for sharing king's profile on Facebook
- 15:20 Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United LIVE - Pilgrims take an early lead
- 15:20 Indonesian police plane with 15 on board goes missing
- 15:19 Manchester City lose their heads during loss to Chelsea as Sergio...
- 15:17 PewDiePie is going to delete his YouTube channel very soon
- 15:15 Skegness police have man in custody accused of burglary
- 15:14 Cristiano Ronaldo tax evasion allegations Q&A: The lowdown on...
- 15:14 Manchester City 1-3 Chelsea - PLAYER RATINGS: Diego Costa inspires...
- 15:14 Swadlincote school gets behind Feed Our Families campaing to help...
- 15:14 MAPPED: How close do YOU live to a nuclear bomb?
- 15:11 Premier League LIVE: Follow Tottenham, Sunderland and Leicester in...
- 15:11 Antonio Conte: What I really think about our win over Manchester City
- 15:10 Rail is on the up, but buses still struggle
- 15:10 Marketing campaign pulls in the visitors
- 15:10 Rail makes a comeback
- 15:10 Here's what the £10.3 million University Quarter revamp will look like
- 15:10 Stoke City: Jack Butland heads for MRI scan after pulling out of...
- 15:07 Doncaster safe haven for Saturday night revellers who have had too...
- 15:07 Gianfranco Zola: My verdict on Chelsea outclassing Manchester City