Stop using dangerous faulty Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda tumble dryers, fire chiefs warn
London Fire Brigade renewed its campaign to make white goods safer following a "painstaking" investigation into the blaze in an 18-storey building in Shepherd's Bush in August, which took 120 firefighters to bring under control.
The brigade said it believed a faulty Indesit tumble dryer was the cause, adding that parent company Whirlpool should change its advice to customers so that any dryers waiting to be modified are not used.
A reported 5.3 million dryers made by Whirlpool brands Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda between April 2004 and September 2015 are subject to a safety notice... read more
- 15:26 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:25 The musical exploring the realities of depression - My Beautiful...
- 15:25 Donald Trump gets UK crime figures in twist with 'Islamic terror'...
- 15:25 Watchdog warns of 360% increase in customs declarations post-Brexit
- 15:25 School issues stranger danger alert after man allegedly 'exposed...
- 15:25 Images released after woman assaulted in Banbury supermarket
- 15:24 Longer beaks in UK great tits 'down to garden feeders'
- 15:24 Airline celebrates first ever all-female flight crew on new plane
- 15:24 What TV channel is Huddersfield vs Manchester United on? Kick-off...
- 15:24 Jose Mourinho gives Manchester United winter transfer window update
- 15:23 Harry Kane's rise will give Tottenham issues says Liverpool FC boss...
- 15:23 Cumbrian £300,000 National Lottery winner revealed
- 15:23 CCTV released after assault on man outside pub
- 15:22 High-flyer Marnie Millard's helping women in Tanzania build...
- 15:22 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:21 City worker ‘posted fake pictures of colleague to porn sites’ after...
- 15:21 Confused Nazi gets hugged by black man who asks: ‘Why don’t you...
- 15:21 YOUR VIEWS: Belt up or get licence points?
- 15:21 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:21 Burglars steal several items from Kenilworth home
- 15:21 Police seize suspected hare coursers’ dogs
- 15:21 Warwickshire College Group graduates celebrate degree successes
- 15:20 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:20 Haunted Halloween mansion in Lincolnshire goes up for sale on...
- 15:20 BREAKING NEWS: 53-year-old man cleared of all charges over alleged...
- 15:19 PNE in Numbers: Barkhuizen going from strength to strength
- 15:18 High Tides - October 21 to October 28
- 15:18 Donald Trump slammed for 'fearmongering' over Islamic terror UK...
- 15:18 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:17 Wyre councillor did her bit for keep fit day