Stop trashing Labour's record, warns Tom Watson
Labour should stop trashing its record in government and start focusing on winning elections, deputy leader Tom Watson has warned.
In a speech to conference, Mr Watson said that attacking Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's governments "is not the way to enhance our brand".
"We won't win elections like that. And we need to win elections," he said, as he appealed for party unity.
Leader Jeremy Corbyn has been critical of parts of New Labour's record.
Meanwhile, rule changes to give Labour leaders in Scotland and Wales a greater say over who sits on the party's governing body,... read more
- 12:00 This history of McNames - a Scottish surnames McA-Z
- 12:00 Plans to double the number of places at Wellingborough primary school
- 11:59 Diamond confident Cobblers will get Sixfields form back on track
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall
- 11:59 John Lennon letter to The Queen valued at £60,000 in Liverpool
- 11:57 Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan was humiliated by Jose...
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald
- 11:56 Housing and jobs bonanza for Wigan
- 11:56 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Calls to save a once-bustling Worksop street that has fallen off...
- 11:55 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Controversial homes approved
- 11:55 Pensioners can boost their brain power 'by building up their muscle...
- 11:55 When do you start wearing a poppy? Poppy etiquette on Remembrance Day
- 11:55 Acklington WI, Meeting
- 11:54 Sunderland need to show greater resilience in survival fight says...
- 11:54 Swedish central bank holds policy, primes guns for December action
- 11:54 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:53 Leeds defender attracting interest from Leicester - reports
- 11:53 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate
- 11:53 #ThrowbackThursday: Harrogate men prepare for battle in 1982
- 11:53 Man 'took knife from waistband and stabbed teenager in the heart',...
- 11:52 Introducing the 6p-a-minute cafe where coffee and food are included
- 11:52 'Every time I've left him out, he's just trained harder' - Lincoln...
- 11:52 Trick or treaters told to play safe this Halloween
- 11:51 Hard-hitting exhibition on child abuse goes on display at...
- 11:51 Sir Alex Ferguson names Manchester City as his Premier League...
- 11:50 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:50 LG Electronics says third-quarter profit down 3.7 percent vs. year...
- 11:50 Qualcomm to buy NXP Semiconductors for enterprise value of $47 billion