'Stop Hull getting fatter by limiting takeaways', says councillor
Calls for restrictions on the number of fast-food takeaways opening in Hull to tackle the city's battle against the bulge have been made.
Councillor Gwen Lunn has said little improvement had been made in tackling obesity, with two-thirds of adults still overweight or obese and almost a quarter of 11-year-olds classed as obese.
More news: Plenty of Fish warning after woman's 'weird and creepy encounter with Karl'
Recently taking over responsibility for public health, Cllr Lunn said: "Whatever we have done in the past hasn't achieved the results we need and we need to be more innovative... read more
- 10:47 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:44 LIVE: Brentford v Burton Albion build-up, Brewers search for first...
- 10:44 Pop stars send messages of condolence to Doncaster's Louis...
- 10:38 People are loving the story of 60-year-old Sue’s first ever...
- 10:38 Traffic warning due to A5 closure after lorry blaze
- 10:36 Defibrillator stolen from Market Drayton Football Club
- 10:34 Shop open for business after cash machine ripped from wall
- 10:34 Coyle pleased with Rovers’ good form
- 10:33 Firefighters battle car blaze as police launch investigation
- 10:33 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:33 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:29 Hark the herald - it’s time for Carols by Candlelight
- 10:28 Lincoln City to face Nantwich Town in FA Trophy first round
- 10:26 Police launch investigation after thieves target a van
- 10:24 First drive: 2017 Nissan X-Trail
- 10:23 Suspected car bomb kills two policemen at checkpoint near Somali...
- 10:21 Boots For Buddies appeal will ensure football is open to everyone
- 10:19 Red Dog Saloon given ONE star food hygiene rating
- 10:19 West Bridgford Dramatic Society's A Christmas Carol: Review
- 10:19 Celebrations as Ethel turns 103 today
- 10:18 ‘Large number’ affected by burst water main in Boston area
- 10:15 Marco Verratti believes Real Madrid and Barcelona would struggle in...
- 10:15 Hundreds of fish found dead at Sunderland lake which suffered...
- 10:15 Sunderland Echo poll shows u-turn on Brexit
- 10:14 Readers call for concert venue or swimming pool to be built at...
- 10:13 U.S. boosts Syria anti-IS forces, urges Gulf military self-reliance
- 10:12 Blind man ‘robbed of £450 after man snatches bank card at busy...
- 10:11 Recruitment firm gets neighbourly support
- 10:07 Police’s Operation Cracker reaps results in fight against shoplifters
- 10:07 Proposals for up to 70 new houses in Asfordby refused by Melton...