Stoke City fan, 26, who died after being hit by train at Wrenbury is named
A 26-year-old man who died after being hit by a train has been named.
James Ellwood, who worked in schools in North Staffordshire, was pronounced dead at the scene when he was struck by the train near Wrenbury.
Cheshire Coroner's Office today confirmed an inquest was opened and adjourned into his death on Wednesday.
Read more: Holidaymaker critically ill in Turkish hospital three weeks after collapsing
Mr Ellwood, of Sound Lane, Wrenbury, was killed in the collision happened on the Shrewsbury to Crewe line near Wrenbury Station at around 10.20am on Sunday, October 9.
Police confirmed the... read more
- 19:19 Amble firm mentioned in Parliament
- 19:19 Water restored to 16,000 homes across Boston and Sleaford
- 19:18 Iraq says it destroys Mosul car bomb factories
- 19:18 Syrian government forces press attack in east Aleppo
- 19:18 Teenager who loved comic books given superhero send-off at funeral
- 19:15 Arsenal transfer target Julian Draxler dropped by Wolfsburg, exit...
- 19:14 Badminton loses £5.9m funding for Tokyo 2020 as UK Sport announces...
- 19:14 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte warns his players: We'll be in trouble...
- 19:14 Football fans face disruption as UEFA announce plans for 6pm...
- 19:13 Watch the moment Nottingham driver is caught up in M1 'road duel'...
- 19:12 Russia, Ukraine edge closer to gas accord at EU-brokered talks
- 19:11 Sky agrees to £18billion takeover deal by 21st Century Fox
- 19:11 If you hear applause in 19th minute of Leicester City v Manchester...
- 19:11 Trump to name Goldman executive to key economic post: reports
- 19:11 Bomb kills civilian, injures three police in northern Egypt -...
- 19:11 Negligence trial in France casts shadow over IMF's Lagarde
- 19:09 Jose Mourinho: Why I'm not worried about points gap between Man...
- 19:09 Why this property developer saw double at Derby auction
- 19:09 What would you do if you won £1 million? Here's what one...
- 19:04 Alexis Sanchez will only sign deal if Arsene Wenger leaves – report
- 19:01 Grantham Journal letter: Think of the patients first
- 19:01 Italian decree to support banking system is ready - government sources
- 19:00 Diego Costa’s creativity behind Chelsea star’s Player of the Month win
- 18:59 U.N. council meets on North Korea human rights despite China...
- 18:59 Turkish court dismisses case over 2010 Israeli flotilla raid - lawyer
- 18:59 Bolton says Trump moves could signal 'different,' tougher, China line
- 18:59 Man, 49, arrested after foxes killed by hunt hounds
- 18:59 Jose Mourinho’s pleas ignored and charge handed out after Zorya...
- 18:59 Armed police leave with man after closing busy street in Louth
- 18:59 Interactive map lays bare America's devastating overdose epidemic:...