Stoke City academy coach John Perkins dies aged 69
Tributes have been paid to Potters' Academy senior coach John Perkins - who has died after a short illness.
The 69-year-old played a key role in developing young players for Stoke City - and had previously worked for Nottingham Forest and Wolves.
This evening Stoke City and players paid tribute to him.
In a statement Stoke City said: "Stoke City extends sincere condolences to the family and friends of John Perkins, who has passed away after a short illness.
"John, who was 69, was a senior coach in the Professional Development phase of the Potters' Academy and most recently had... read more
- 17:21 ‘Yesterday my dream died’ – Claudio Ranieri releases heartbreaking...
- 17:21 Ant and Dec tease SM:TV Live reunion ahead of Saturday Night...
- 17:20 The Klitschkos of Doncaster: Gavin McDonnell bids to make history...
- 17:20 Claudio Ranieri is still smiling despite Leicester sacking as he...
- 17:20 Ancelotti: I don't usually agree with Man Utd boss Mourinho but he...
- 17:20 Uncovered: When Jose Mourinho called axed Leicester boss Claudio...
- 17:18 Funeral of Notts golf caddy to the stars to be held next month
- 17:18 10 city landlords fined nearly £30,000 as council cracks down
- 17:18 Emmerdale's Leah Bracknell left tearful as she says her cancer has...
- 17:18 Call The Midwife: FGM victim praises 'beautiful and sensitively...
- 17:18 Hundreds of jobs in doubt as Sainsbury's Stone warehouse to close
- 17:16 French jobless total rises marginally in January
- 17:16 SMTV: 7 things that MUST be in the anniversary special
- 17:15 Keith Wyness LIVE: Aston Villa CEO answers questions from supporters
- 17:15 Birmingham mum who killed her daughter allowed out into community
- 17:15 Warning as EXPLODING e-cigarette destroys bedroom at Black Country...
- 17:15 This Comic Relief trampoline sleepover is coming to Birmingham
- 17:15 See the dramatic moment a dog is rescued from sinkhole by firefighters
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John