Stocks bounce up after U.S. debate; oil falls
Stock prices across major markets rose on Tuesday, led by gains in the U.S. technology and consumer sectors following the presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, while oil prices fell on fading hopes of agreement on limiting production.
Anxiety about the fortune of Deutsche Bank curtailed Wall Street's advance and kept European equity markets little changed.
A firmer dollar in the aftermath of the first Clinton-Trump debate helped send gold prices lower.
U.S. and German government bond yields fell on safe-haven demand amid worries about Deutsche Bank and weaker oil... read more
- 15:10 Conference's £200,000 boost to city economy
- 15:10 Hallam Fields: Parents dismay new £4m Birstall school will...
- 15:09 Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- 15:09 Venezuelan opposition strike patchy amid government threats
- 15:09 Residents' group launches Heathrow legal challenge amid 'apparent...
- 15:09 Scott Brown ran the show against Man City and he can do same for...
- 15:09 WATCH: Burton Albion unveil new £1 million 3G pitch
- 15:08 Kenya bans clipboards to curb exam cheating at schools
- 15:08 Doncaster runners urged to support charity
- 15:08 Killed driver was five times over limit
- 15:08 Accused Derby man Dominic Halliday-Fox made to wait in Swadlincote...
- 15:07 Council letter accidentally directs residents to hardcore porn site
- 15:07 Father who disappeared 23 years ago found living 1,000 miles away...
- 15:07 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:07 Super Cubs celebrate highest possible achievement awards
- 15:07 Slugs have picked up a new bad habit because life in Britain is tough
- 15:07 Buxton B&B wins prestigious award for service
- 15:06 Brothers raped street drinker in front of their own sleeping mother
- 15:05 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:05 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:05 Two women were assaulted in a Chesterfield nightclub
- 15:04 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:04 Owner achieves lifelong dream with opening of new ladies boutique...
- 15:04 Top honour for D-day Navy veteran Walter
- 15:04 Man slapped in the face in Northampton town centre
- 15:02 Barcelona manager Luis Enrique defends former teammate Pep...
- 15:02 Pep Guardiola expresses concern at Manchester City's poor form...
- 15:02 Bawtry Post Office set to move location
- 15:02 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:02 Disharmony in British yoga community over moves to regulate teachers