Stocks bounce up after U.S. debate; oil falls
Stock prices across major markets rose on Tuesday, led by gains in the U.S. technology and consumer sectors following the presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, while oil prices fell on fading hopes of agreement on limiting production.
Anxiety about the fortune of Deutsche Bank curtailed Wall Street's advance and kept European equity markets little changed.
A firmer dollar in the aftermath of the first Clinton-Trump debate helped send gold prices lower.
U.S. and German government bond yields fell on safe-haven demand amid worries about Deutsche Bank and weaker oil... read more
- 07:27 Army minister accuses Corbyn of siding with Russia against Nato
- 07:24 Champions League winner Luis Enrique stalls on Chelsea as he eyes...
- 07:24 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho branded CLUMSY and TASTELESS...
- 07:21 Homeless man's joy at getting YMCA flat after ten years of sleeping...
- 07:16 6 unusual honeymoon destinations – from joining the cowboys to...
- 07:15 Real Madrid news: Neymar drops biggest hint yet that he wants to...
- 07:15 Juan Martin del Potro piles pressure on Roger Federer with latest...
- 07:14 George Christensen attacks own government over abortion services...
- 07:12 Lucas Industries company archives go online
- 07:06 The student experience — then and now
- 07:05 Space stations: our future among the stars
- 06:54 Man Utd player REVOLT: Match of the Day pundits predict horrific...
- 06:54 F1 news: Lewis Hamilton on verge of record-breaking £40m Mercedes...
- 06:51 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:51 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:51 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:48 Man who saved Hearts writes play on ‘insanity of Scottish football’
- 06:46 Are we prepared for the looming epidemic threat?
- 06:45 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:45 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:45 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:43 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:43 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:43 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:42 Free events in Louth and Horncastle area this Easter
- 06:38 India SLAMS Pakistan for ‘BLOCKING access to websites’ amid rising...
- 06:37 Row over refund from energy company which took over from bust supplier
- 06:37 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:37 Gateshead's QE Hospital at 70 - where would we be without it?
- 06:37 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk