Still unsure whether or not you should carry a donor card? Then read this young couple's devastating story
The only thing that saved Luke Yates in the agonising weeks and months after his wife Sam’s death from cystic fibrosis was the knowledge that she would have wanted him to go on living.
When she died in his arms at the age of 28, his grief was so raw, so visceral that he thought he might lose his mind.
Luke, a biomedical research scientist at Imperial College London, says he was ‘haunted by terrifying flashbacks of the day she died, obsessed with the idea that I could have done more.
‘For the first time in my life, my brain, the thing I relied on for my rationality, failed me.
'I couldn’t... read more
- 06:11 Real Madrid ‘ready to make moves’ for Liverpool and Man City stars...
- 06:09 World Allergy Week: What it’s like to deal with life...
- 06:09 John McLellan comment: Ofcom must keep close eye on BBC’s...
- 06:09 Comment: Never underestimate intuition in business world
- 06:04 Factory worker was trapped between two machines, inquest told
- 06:04 Day-long powercut affected 140 homes in Wakefield
- 06:03 Police take action at Bidford Bridge
- 06:01 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho reveals transfer plans for summer that...
- 05:56 Factory worker was trapped between two machines, inquest told
- 05:53 Arsenal star Shkodran Mustafi breaks silence on transfer talk with...
- 05:49 Arsene Wenger RIGHT to quit Arsenal, says man who appointed Gunners...
- 05:49 Liverpool vs Roma: Why Mohamed Salah will NOT be the biggest threat...
- 05:49 Thierry Henry reveals Arsenal change under Arsene Wenger, opens up...
- 05:49 Chelsea prepare £65m summer move for Serie A star Kalidou Koulibaly
- 05:49 Pep Guardiola to make statement summer signing: Hazard, Mbappe and...
- 05:41 Sadiq Khan demands VW compensate Londoners and TfL
- 05:38 Foreign aid should be spent on preventing 1.3m road deaths...
- 05:35 Toronto van attack: Suspect quizzed after 10 pedestrians killed
- 05:31 Lakes MP calls for Northern to be stripped of franchise
- 05:28 Multi-million pound expansion plans for promotional bag firm Direct...
- 05:18 How you reacted to the Big Brexit Survey
- 05:16 'Uncontrollable grief' of Kim Jong-un over North Korea bus disaster
- 05:16 Hillary Clinton unleashed foul-mouthed tirade in Trump debate prep...
- 05:16 Syria: western nations may seek to bypass Russian veto at UN
- 05:16 Berlin museum offers glimpse of Leni Riefenstahl estate
- 05:12 Alfie's Army try to storm hospital after European Court rejects...
- 05:09 The surprising A-level language choices Coventry students are making
- 05:07 Australian boy flies solo to Bali 'after row over holiday'
- 05:07 Kim Jong-un's 'bitter sorrow' as bus crash kills Chinese tourists
- 05:05 Will Prince Harry and Meghan's children be princes and princesses?