Still unsure whether or not you should carry a donor card? Then read this young couple's devastating story
The only thing that saved Luke Yates in the agonising weeks and months after his wife Sam’s death from cystic fibrosis was the knowledge that she would have wanted him to go on living.
When she died in his arms at the age of 28, his grief was so raw, so visceral that he thought he might lose his mind.
Luke, a biomedical research scientist at Imperial College London, says he was ‘haunted by terrifying flashbacks of the day she died, obsessed with the idea that I could have done more.
‘For the first time in my life, my brain, the thing I relied on for my rationality, failed me.
'I couldn’t... read more
- 04:11 Necrotizing fasciitis cure? Century-old mystery of flesh-eating...
- 03:41 America’s Got Talent: Ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer voices two...
- 03:37 Game of Thrones spin-off: George RR Martin CONFIRMS a FIFTH prequel...
- 03:34 Sri Lankan baby farms: Minister admits illegal adoption trade
- 03:31 Brexit 'crunch time' for City of London, says group
- 03:31 Google signs $1.1bn HTC smartphone deal
- 03:22 Theresa May to brief cabinet on Florence Brexit speech
- 02:55 BREAKING: Huge 5.7 magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesia coast
- 02:17 House of Lords rejects 'flawed' expenses report
- 01:59 PGA Tour: Marc Leishman taking inspiration from Greg Norman after...
- 01:44 Boy, 17, arrested over Tube attack
- 01:38 Still Game's Isa on life as a 'sandwich carer'
- 01:38 'Dwarfism always seems to be the butt of jokes'
- 01:38 Baby names: The stories behind what you are called
- 01:33 How companies' poor customer service has led to boycotts
- 01:32 England and Australia both have weaknesses ahead of the Ashes, says...
- 01:12 Paul Lawrie relives 1999 Carnoustie Open win with original putter...
- 01:09 James Herbert death: Watchdog makes police restraint recommendations
- 00:58 Ronaldinho scores incredible solo goal as Brazilian legend...
- 00:58 Chronic fatigue therapy 'could help teenagers', study says
- 00:58 Nine in 10 GPs rated good or outstanding
- 00:58 Quit smoking campaign Stoptober backs e-cigs for first time
- 00:56 Celtic savour a Dens Park stroll but former Hoops striker Craig...
- 00:51 Giselle by Akram Khan is STAGGERINGLY beautiful: You MUST see this...
- 00:48 REVIEW: Annie at the Carnegie Theatre, Workington
- 00:48 Hull named as most enterprising place in Britain
- 00:44 Coleen Rooney ‘sick of Wayne’s immaturity’ and hopes community...
- 00:44 This is now the average price for a pint of bitter in UK
- 00:44 Coronation Street villain is on his way to Birmingham to star in...
- 00:40 Hamburg 0-3 Borussia Dortmund: Peter Bosz's side move top of the...