Still unsure whether or not you should carry a donor card? Then read this young couple's devastating story
The only thing that saved Luke Yates in the agonising weeks and months after his wife Sam’s death from cystic fibrosis was the knowledge that she would have wanted him to go on living.
When she died in his arms at the age of 28, his grief was so raw, so visceral that he thought he might lose his mind.
Luke, a biomedical research scientist at Imperial College London, says he was ‘haunted by terrifying flashbacks of the day she died, obsessed with the idea that I could have done more.
‘For the first time in my life, my brain, the thing I relied on for my rationality, failed me.
'I couldn’t... read more
- 13:24 What are the symptoms of cervical cancer?
- 13:23 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 13:22 Team GB sprinter James Ellington set for surgery in London as he...
- 13:22 Harry Kane says Tottenham are on the verge of winning titles and...
- 13:21 Man United beaten to forward deal: Medical arranged for tomorrow
- 13:21 Premier League XI of the week based on stats: Who got a 9.8?
- 13:21 Boss confirms in-demand West Ham and Arsenal target is in talks...
- 13:21 OPINION: Is the money in the Chinese Super League a threat to the...
- 13:20 Mosul battle: Children return to schools in recaptured east
- 13:20 Police warning over 'fake tradesmen' email scam
- 13:20 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 13:20 Ryan Mason latest: Health updates after footballer fractured skull...
- 13:20 Defibrillator installed at Co-op's Dove Funeral Service, Uttoxeter
- 13:20 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:20 Are you listening Diego Costa? Chelsea star slams transfer to China
- 13:19 Who remembers enjoying a night out in this former favourite...
- 13:19 Green Party leader announces Amber Valley visit
- 13:19 Offshore wind farms power cost drops by 32% in five years, says report
- 13:19 PM to meet President Erdogan in Turkey
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration