Steve Bruce says managing Aston Villa would be 'a terrific job' and is 'hoping to hear something this week'
Steve Bruce believes managing Aston Villa would be 'a terrific job' and hopes to hear if he will be appointed this week.
The former Birmingham and Hull manager has held initial discussions with Villa and is now considered the leading contender for the position along with current caretaker boss Steve Clarke.
'I've had a chat with them. That's as far as it's gone,' Bruce told Sky Sports' Goals on Sunday programme.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Steve Bruce is top of Aston Villa's list to be new manager... David Wagner is composing a sweet Yorkshire symphony at... English football is still... read more
- 00:07 Powder which sparked major operation in Moray was sent from a...
- 00:05 Japan: Abe ‘lied’ about bungs to fascist school, says head
- 00:05 Ukraine: Putin critic who fled to Kiev ‘killed by Moscow’
- 00:05 Afghanistan: Taliban fighters take key part of Helmand
- 00:05 44 Scotland Street: Waiting for Godot
- 00:05 Praise for public service heroes’ terror response
- 00:05 State-owned banks turn backs on public
- 00:05 Britain ‘in relegation zone’ for new mums
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies
- 00:01 Don't Give Way To Hate
- 00:01 Thousands bid farewell to Martin McGuinness
- 00:01 Chile: 33 Pinochet agents jailed for communist deaths
- 00:01 US: Black politicians raise concerns with Trump face-to-face
- 00:01 Faith leaders label outrage ‘a perversion of Islam’
- 00:01 Mini workers plan another demo to save retirements
- 00:01 Contestants finally leave Channel 4’s Eden to discover show has...
- 00:01 Knowledge of family justice rules is ‘patchy’