Steve and Sandra Marshall 'will go to jail' for their hedge in row that has cost them £70k
A couple who could be forced to pay more than £70,000 because of a bitter row over their hedge say they are ready to face jail.
Steve and Sandra Marshall became embroiled in a dispute with their neighbours over their hedge in May 2012 when they found the middle section of it had been cut away.
The past four and a half years have seen the couple go to court numerous times against Churchill Insurance, representing their neighbours, in a battle over which property the hedge belongs to.
It means they have accumulated £56,000 of unpaid legal fees on top of the £15,000 they have already paid.... read more
- 06:49 Carphone Warehouse to move to new site in Stratford
- 06:48 Sky Sports pundit explains how close Liverpool are to challenging...
- 06:47 Being dad for a third time takes it’s toll on Prince William as he...
- 06:47 Pictured: Man fighting for life after police stood by while he was...
- 06:47 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:45 Emergency services dealing with serious collision near Doncaster
- 06:43 Kate Bush makes second tribute to Emily Brontë with art installation
- 06:43 Don't call me baby: the birth of the gender-neutral ‘theyby’
- 06:40 REVEALED: The 20 worst anti-social behaviour hotspots in Sheffield
- 06:38 Tributes to Hebburn-born science expert
- 06:38 Families urged to sign up for South Tyneside hospice fundraiser
- 06:38 Hospitals look for NHS 70th anniversary boost
- 06:38 Firms ‘looking to move’ because of South Tyneside traffic jams
- 06:38 Bid to build business units in South Tyneside
- 06:38 South Shields FC to toast another title success with party
- 06:37 Jose Mourinho to decide between Nemanja Matic and David De Gea as...
- 06:36 Leader comment: Old age is a cancer risk
- 06:36 Northampton heroes next door win neighbour thank-you awards
- 06:36 Shona Robison under fire over ‘snub’ to doctors discussing...
- 06:36 Older people ‘overlooked’ in cancer coverage
- 06:34 Our little miracle: Burton Latimer couple’s baby battle
- 06:34 Schools, shops and pubs across Corby help raise £5,600 for hospice
- 06:34 Legal challenge lodged over changes to Corby’s urgent care centre
- 06:34 Split threatens future of Blackpool carnival
- 06:31 Alfie Evans bedside vigil at Alder Hey hospital as he makes it...
- 06:31 Alfie Evans dad gave him mouth-to-mouth at Alder Hey hospital after...
- 06:31 COURT ROUND-UP: Latest convictions from Doncaster, Sheffield and...
- 06:30 Council leader accused of deliberate campaign to intimidate witness...
- 06:30 Every Premier League club's main man right now - according to stats
- 06:30 Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane explains why Gareth Bale was left...