Stephon Clark: Police shot unarmed man '7 times in back'
An unarmed US man killed by police this month was shot seven times in the back, according to an independent post-mortem examination.
Stephon Clark was shot a total of eight times in the confrontation on the night of 18 March in Sacramento, California, said a forensic pathologist.
Dr Bennet Omalu said seven of the bullets entered the 22-year-old father-of-two's back and side.
He was holding a mobile phone, which police said they mistook for a gun.
His death has sparked city-wide protests.
Clark's brother, Stevonte Clark, stormed a city council meeting with protesters on Tuesday and said the... read more
- 09:43 Sunderland youngsters could be offered new deals as Chris Coleman...
- 09:43 Car fire spreads to three other vehicles during early morning blaze
- 09:43 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:42 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:41 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:40 Man, 70, remains in hospital after Fleetwood crash
- 09:40 Shop explosion father speaks of feeling 'powerless' at seeing the...
- 09:39 Best places to buy a hot tub for summer 2018 including Aldi, Asda,...
- 09:39 Jeetan Patel delighted by new recruit's excitement to be playing...
- 09:39 This horrifying Snapchat feature could put kids at risk of paedophiles
- 09:39 Crazed Man United fan butchers cheating wife with samurai sword...
- 09:39 The day Dale Winton was called a 'poof' in Sheffield - and the...
- 09:38 Tributes paid to Leamington’s legendary landlord
- 09:39 Matthew Bates gives injury update on Michael Woods and Josh Hawkes
- 09:38 Admissions issue exists after just one year at new Heathcote School
- 09:38 Catholics to outnumber Protestants in Northern Ireland by 2021
- 09:38 Five car smash on M65
- 09:38 Serious police incident on Sealand Road in Chester – live updates
- 09:37 Woman born with dark birthmarks covering half her body inspires...
- 09:37 The day Dale Winton was called a 'poof' in Sheffield - and the...
- 09:37 Court briefs: Who's been up in court?
- 09:36 These are the places you can legally go naked near Coventry
- 09:35 Who Klopp will pick and why it could go wrong for Liverpool against...
- 09:35 Admissions issue exists after just one year at new Heathcote School
- 09:34 Medication given illegally at Wigan are home
- 09:33 Weed beats depression and benefits mental health as long as you...
- 09:33 Time to nominate your Bourne heroes
- 09:33 Five car smash on M65
- 09:32 St Johnstone close in on two new signings