Stephen Ward is back after injury trauma and is desperate for success with Ireland
Dropped by Ireland after Euro 2012 – then exiled and eventually sold by Wolves after their Premier League relegation that same year – Ward needed a break.
He got one – but it was bad – a leg break, just after signing for Burnley.
There and then his career was in deep crisis – and the dream of reclaiming his status as a Premier League international seemed far-fetched.
Yet his dreams have been realised – and after helping the Clarets win promotion and then Ireland reach the last 16 of Euro 2016 last season – he has set new goals.
First up, he aims to bridge a 16-year gap and help Ireland... read more
- 08:12 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 08:12 Barrow mums speak of breastfeeding pride as figures reveal town has...
- 08:12 Figures show huge rise in child sex abuse cases in Lancashire
- 08:11 Cousin of tragic Mikala Ireland to run London Marathon in her memory
- 08:11 UFC want half of Conor McGregor's purse if he fights Floyd...
- 08:10 Exclusive: Ed Sheeran moved to tears by Liberia trip
- 08:10 Mel B timed her divorce to Stephen Belafonte so she could hang onto...
- 08:10 Stephanie Davis shares very intimate photo of the moment baby son...
- 08:10 Live updates: Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood unmasked as...
- 08:09 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:08 Premier League stats: Top passers this season revealed with one...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton makes statement about world title in Australian...
- 08:07 A590 closed at Lindal tonight 8pm-6am but road fully reopens...
- 08:07 Former Cumbria chief constable to lead response to Westminster...
- 08:07 Green light for measures aimed at cutting Cartmel congestion
- 08:07 Inspectors visit Dalton zoo ahead of fresh licence application
- 08:07 Young Barrow woman's life cut short after battle with addiction
- 08:07 Hundreds turn out to say goodbye to Sunderland dad Lee Downey
- 08:07 Alliance Trust Savings returns to full-year profit
- 08:06 Author Bill Bryson names St Andrew’s Church in Whissendine as one...
- 08:06 Roosting pigeons leave St Mary’s Church in Stamford with £30,000...
- 08:06 Villages such as Measham to become 'meat in noisy sandwich' over...
- 08:06 Campaigners hit out at Florida Farm decision
- 08:06 Bank branch to close its doors in September
- 08:06 Number of child sex offences recorded in Derbyshire drops
- 08:05 ‘I’m not going to retire’ says Hartlepool TV star Jeff Stelling
- 08:05 Plans for 30 homes in village near Shrewsbury submitted
- 08:04 Sheffield ice hockey player to be sentenced for sex attacks on girls
- 08:04 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone