Start-ups hit brick wall after EU referendum as entrepreneurs hesitate to press ahead with new ventures
The growth in the number of new companies launched in the UK has slowed dramatically since the summer Brexit vote, according to data exclusively compiled for The Mail on Sunday.
The volume of firms newly registered at Companies House had been soaring prior to the referendum, but then the rise almost ground to a halt.
In the 100 days since June 23, fresh registrations crept up by 1.5 per cent to 152,713 but that compares with a 12 per cent rise in the number of firms launched in the first six months of the year.
The figures – compiled by company health monitor Creditsafe – appear to confirm... read more
- 02:04 Nicole Scherzinger puts on a raunchy display in an S&M-inspired...
- 02:04 Dapper Benedict Cumberbatch hits Doctor Strange premiere in Berlin...
- 02:04 Elizabeth Hurley, 51, defies her years as she rules the red carpet...
- 02:04 Seeing double! Abbey Clancy, 30, teases a glimpse of her taut tum...
- 02:04 That's one Elle of a dress! Gwyneth Paltrow dazzles in sheer...
- 01:59 'It's all over': James Packer 'DUMPS' fiancée Mariah Carey over...
- 01:59 'He's giving them out willy nilly': Candice left fuming as rival...
- 01:59 Brent crude oil dips below $50 on doubts OPEC can coordinate output...
- 01:55 REVIEW & VIDEO: Heaven 17 and BEF dazzle at Sheffield City Hall
- 01:54 David Moyes admits he deserved punishment for swearing at ref in...
- 01:52 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday
- 01:51 Samsung operating profit plunges 30% in wake of Note 7 fiasco
- 01:47 Drive to reduce and reform police use of 'stop and search' powers
- 01:47 Labour pledges to update national curriculum to reflect LGBT issues
- 01:47 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 01:47 Decline in species threatens 'global mass extinction of wildlife'
- 01:47 Surgeons should 'let patients choose' to avoid litigation, new...
- 01:47 Drop in number of EU students applying for UK university courses
- 01:47 Mission accomplished for Calais Jungle clearance, France says
- 01:44 Chris Evans and Nick Grimshaw both lose listeners
- 01:43 Bonfire Night firework events near Birmingham for 2016
- 01:39 Drop in number of EU students applying for UK university courses
- 01:39 UK car exports offset domestic drop in September output rise
- 01:32 Surgeons should 'let patients choose' to avoid litigation, new...
- 01:32 CBI in call to Government to increase public investment
- 01:32 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 01:32 Mission accomplished for Calais Jungle clearance, France says
- 01:32 Drive to reduce and reform police use of 'stop and search' powers
- 01:32 Labour pledges to update national curriculum to reflect LGBT issues
- 01:32 Decline in species threatens 'global mass extinction of wildlife'