Star Wars firm zapped with £1.6m fine over Harrison Ford crush accident
Foodles Production (UK) Ltd was handed the penalty at Aylesbury Crown Court on Wednesday after the Disney-owned company admitted two breaches of health and safety law following the incident, in which Ford was knocked to the ground and pinned down by the steel door.
The Hollywood superstar was reprising his role as Han Solo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in June 2014 when he was hit by the door, which had been designed to mimic the action of a door on the original set.
At a previous hearing, the court was told he could have been killed in the... read more
- 19:31 Birmingham man arrested on suspicion of preparing for terrorist act
- 19:31 Abandoned cars is costing this council - and local taxpayers -...
- 19:30 Man exposed himself to girl in Knaresborough
- 19:30 More than 30 police quiz drivers in hunt for missing Fife student
- 19:29 England boss Gareth Southgate confirms Jordan Pickford will start...
- 19:28 Lemon, grapefruit and rice: Handy tips for cleaning tricky...
- 19:27 Jose Mourinho tipped to appease increasingly unhappy Man Utd board
- 19:27 Paul Ince hits out at Jose Mourinho over treatment of Man Utd star,...
- 19:26 Lena Waithe addresses co-star Aziz Ansari controversy with hopes...
- 19:26 “Bloody Tam” Dalyell and his card games with the devil
- 19:25 Lemon, grapefruit and rice: Handy tips for cleaning tricky...
- 19:25 Obesity causes cancer - Cumbrian GP warns of increased risk
- 19:25 Cambridge University reveals 15% gender pay gap
- 19:22 Sherborne school bus attacker jailed for 16 months
- 19:22 Fantasy football tips: Goalkeepers and defenders with most Premier...
- 19:22 He earned mega-bucks at Birmingham City but where is Alex Hleb now?
- 19:22 Jose Mourinho receives Manchester United injury boost with Ander...
- 19:22 Port Vale striker joins the Lambs on loan
- 19:22 Aston Villa's Keinan Davis saves the day with late England winner
- 19:19 Kenya payout for mother made to deliver on hospital floor
- 19:19 Dapchi kidnap: Government 'will not abandon' lone hostage
- 19:19 Midland Classic announces major changes to bus services
- 19:18 Marcus Rashford sends thank you to Zlatan Ibrahimovic following...
- 19:12 Syrian rebels and families begin exile from besieged Ghouta
- 19:12 Obesity causes cancer - Cumbrian GP warns of increased risk
- 19:11 Andrew Finch obituary
- 19:09 Updating smear tests so that they can detect multiple cancers could...
- 19:09 Harry Connick Jr and his wife share their colonoscopy 'double date'...
- 19:09 Man exposed himself to girl in Knaresborough
- 19:09 Infertile women are over 50% more likely to become pregnant if they...