Stapleford Carnival WILL go ahead
A long-running community event which was in danger of being axed has been saved.
Stapleford Carnival will go ahead in September after members of the Rotary Club of Beeston stepped in.
The Post reported last month that the event, which has been running for about 25 years, was at risk after Notts/Derby Hemlockstone Lions withdrew support.
Katharine Stewart, who organises the event with husband Robert, said: "We approached the Rotary club through a member. We had a meeting and we had the great news on Tuesday morning to say that, as far as the Rotarians were concerned, they want us to go... read more
- 13:33 VIDEO: Heroic Stratford mum Rachael honoured
- 13:33 Britrock tour comes to Birmingham
- 13:32 Sunderland v Burton Albion is not the only result Nigel Clough will...
- 13:32 Police on the hunt after woman was sexually assaulted in Preston
- 13:31 Bid for 325 new homes in Wigan moves a step closer
- 13:31 Shock at sudden death of popular ex-Wigan vicar
- 13:31 Turns out that caring about the environment makes you more attractive
- 13:29 SNP axes key oil and gas industry measure
- 13:28 Chester-born Daniel Craig to be a father again at 50
- 13:28 Are you ready to rock?
- 13:28 Record Store Day: where to celebrate and pick up exclusive vinyl...
- 13:27 Passengers angry after new Melton bus service cuts announced
- 13:27 County councillor backs verge plan
- 13:27 Watch dangerous driver race through streets of Rugby
- 13:26 From seagulls to Bardot tops: this week’s fashion trends
- 13:26 What I wore this week: the new day dress
- 13:25 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:25 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with arson attack on car
- 13:24 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:23 VIDEO: CCTV footage shows group steal two motorbikes
- 13:22 PSG 'suspicious' of star man Neymar planning summer exit with Real...
- 13:22 Premier League's quickest players revealed... Mo Salah only ranks...
- 13:22 Man arrested over stabbing in Sheffield house
- 13:20 This many motorists think that breaking the speed limits is acceptable
- 13:20 Fylde coast woman in ‘constant discomfort’ Commons hears during...
- 13:18 American Apparel returns as an 'inclusive' online retailer
- 13:17 Co-op praises police for work in jailing ATM explosion gang who...
- 13:16 Friends make plans for gala celebrations
- 13:16 Charles 'to be next Commonwealth head'
- 13:15 Can you break a car window if a child is locked inside on a hot day?