Stansted Airport: Flights to resume after cancellations
Flights at Stansted Airport are expected to return to normal after a fire caused all departures to be cancelled on Friday evening.
Witnesses reported seeing black smoke shrouding the terminal building when a shuttle bus burst into flames.
No-one was injured but passengers described an atmosphere of confusion in the aftermath as flight details disappeared from departure boards.
Airport bosses have advised passengers to check flights with their airlines.
The blaze at about 17:00 BST on Friday was caused by an electrical fault and destroyed the bus, which was parked in a waiting area.
Later... read more
- 14:29 This Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis tip could save you money...
- 14:29 Morpeth promotion confirmed despite draw
- 14:28 Girl, three, accidentally shoots pregnant mother with a handgun
- 14:28 Police appeal after daring lorry raid at Ribble Valley beauty spot
- 14:28 David De Gea breaks clean sheet record after Manchester United’s...
- 14:27 You can now buy pornstar martini ice cream filled with actual booze
- 14:27 Opinion: The East Riding of Yorkshire Council leader’s column with...
- 14:27 Police appeal after daring lorry raid at Ribble Valley beauty spot
- 14:26 Terry Gilliam's Don Quixote film to receive premiere at Cannes...
- 14:26 Man stabbed in Rotherham town centre
- 14:26 Eden Project North mooted for The Bay
- 14:25 Shopper charged more than £930 for 11p banana
- 14:26 500 homes planned for Millom in innovative scheme
- 14:25 Rural policing to come under scrutiny in study
- 14:26 First straws now single-use plastic, popular pub group makes...
- 14:25 ‘We won’t back hate speech’
- 14:25 Incident around colony of Black Headed Gull nests
- 14:25 Derbyshire company appears in court
- 14:24 New York urged to clarify state law to guard against Trump pardons
- 14:24 MPs from UK, France and Germany urge US not to scrap Iran deal
- 14:24 UK drives into e-vehicle fast lane with 11% sales rise
- 14:24 Shopper charged more than £930 for 11p banana
- 14:22 World Cup hairdos: Survey reveals the most iconic and worst...
- 14:22 500 homes planned for Millom in innovative scheme
- 14:22 VIDEO: 'Shocked' Mr Pothole complains over Banbury potholes after tour
- 14:21 Delays for motorists in Sudbury after crash involving Royal Mail...
- 14:21 ECB announces bizarre 100-ball format for flagship T20...
- 14:21 Survey to gauge new level of rural crime
- 14:20 Did neolithic man practice trepanning on cows?
- 14:19 Proof that people don’t listen to airplane safety...