Standing ovation for Strictly Come Dancing underdog Ed Balls
Former shadow chancellor Ed Balls' energetic Charleston earned a standing ovation from the Strictly Come Dancing studio audience - as well as praise from across the political spectrum.
The ex-Labour MP, who lost his seat at last year's general election, was bottom of the BBC show's leaderboard heading into week two, but his barnstorming dance to The Banjo's Back In Town was heralded as a "comeback that Tony Blair would be proud of" by judge Bruno Tonioli.
One surprise fan was Balls' former opposite number George Osborne, who tweeted: "Come on @edballs!"
Meanwhile, Labour... read more
- 14:19 What it’s like to get diagnosed with breast cancer when you’re...
- 14:18 What is Universal Credit? The controversial payment affecting...
- 14:18 Zlatan Ibrahimovic completes major step up in training ahead of...
- 14:18 VIDEO: Watch the new open-top Aston DB11 Volante in action
- 14:17 Las Vegas shooter security guard speaks out for first time...
- 14:17 Bishops' High School is one in just ten UK schools to achieve STEM...
- 14:17 Tougher penalties backed for those who break rules of the road,...
- 14:16 Letters - October 18, 2017
- 14:16 Thor Ragnarok: The Hulk’s bed REVEALS what's happened to him since...
- 14:15 Poppy appeal relaunches in village
- 14:15 Police end investigation into South Shields rape allegation
- 14:14 Will North Korea attack the US? DEFCON warns North Korea nuclear...
- 14:14 Brave Andrew shares film about his autism to raise awareness
- 14:13 Katie Price reckons Chris Hughes’ outburst had ‘guilt written all...
- 14:13 It served West View for decades - but who remembers this former...
- 14:12 Marcos Rojo will be ready to play against Chelsea, says Jose Mourinho
- 14:11 Prince William and Kate reveal due date ahead of third baby
- 14:12 Tougher penalties backed for those who break rules of the road,...
- 14:11 The number of asylum seeking children is on the rise in Birmingham
- 14:12 REVIEW: STOMP, Grand Theatre, Blackpool
- 14:11 Calls to protect emergency staff
- 14:11 Sainsbury to slash nearly 2,000 jobs amid cost-cutting measures
- 14:12 Theresa May won’t halt Universal Credit roll-out despite...
- 14:11 Rothbury show home to open this weekend
- 14:12 REVIEW: Cilla: The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 14:11 Dominos pizza sex couple spared jail - but face SLEEPING BAN
- 14:11 The pound just dropped - and this is the reason why
- 14:11 Pupils get inspired by engineering
- 14:11 UK's biggest holiday firm rebrands from Thomson to TUI
- 14:11 Body of missing Northumberland man found