Standard Life and Aberdeen Asset Management approve 'landmark' merger to send share prices soaring
Shareholders today overwhelmingly backed an £11billion merger between Standard Life and Aberdeen Asset Management.
More than 95 per cent of investors at Aberdeen and 98 per cent at Standard Life voted in favour of the deal during general meetings held on Monday.
Standard Life shares were trading up 2 per cent at 397.05p while Aberdeen shares soared 4 per cent to 298.65p after the announcement.
The enlarged company, to be called Standard Life Aberdeen, will be headed by Keith Skeoch and Aberdeen boss Martin Gilbert with a bumper 16-member board.
The merger is targeting cost savings of... read more
- 17:28 Manuel Pellegrini set to confirmed as West Ham’s new manager
- 17:27 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:27 How much did Meghan Markle's dress cost? Run down of the Royal...
- 17:27 The best and worst dressed celebrity Royal Wedding guests
- 17:25 Neston pair charged with weapons offences following reported fight
- 17:25 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:25 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:24 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:24 Barrow charity boss scoops invite to Royal Wedding
- 17:24 Preventable diseases are still killing animals
- 17:24 Fire crew called to gorse fire
- 17:24 Cumbrian Challenge raises more than £1million for ex-servicemen and...
- 17:24 Cumbria's best apprentice urges the community to nominate dedicated...
- 17:24 Police officer recognised for diversity work in Cumbria
- 17:23 Popular DNA website helps cops nail ‘killer’ suspected of murdering...
- 17:23 Venezuela: Maduro hails election win but world leaders threaten...
- 17:23 Blackpool Belle puts resort on track for direct service to London
- 17:23 Elon Musk announces $78,000 high-performance version of Tesla Model 3
- 17:23 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe 'told to expect another conviction'
- 17:23 Doncaster mums helping others to beat post natal depression
- 17:23 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:22 Cumbria's best apprentice urges the community to nominate dedicated...
- 17:22 Police searching for convicted drug farmer who walked out of open...
- 17:21 Booze sales plan for town centre shop rejected
- 17:20 FTSE 100 surges to a fresh record high
- 17:20 Doncaster mums helping others to beat post natal depression
- 17:19 Sylatech reaches for the sky after securing work with global giants
- 17:19 Man had to have skull surgery after being stamped and kicked on...
- 17:18 Spike in help for Wigan hedgehogs
- 17:18 This brilliant Marc McNulty insight sums up the fun and...