Stand up to witch-hunt
REMOVING Jackie Walker from her position as Momentum vice-chair, as the group’s steering committee has done, is an act of political cowardice and confusion.
It was pushed through by seven votes to three in response to allegations by the Jewish Labour Movement (JLM) that this black Jewish woman made anti-semitic comments that have already seen her suspended by the Labour Party. If Walker had indeed been guilty of anti-semitism, she should have been ditched by both Momentum and Labour and any other labour movement organisation.
Momentum insists that she remains a member of its steering... read more
- 12:22 Tory MP Nick Boles reveals new cancer fight
- 12:22 Gender pay gap falls to 20-year low of 9.4%
- 12:22 Making money for Macmillan at Kirkby on Bain
- 12:22 Stanks Island revamp set for later next year
- 12:22 Harvest at Bucknall
- 12:21 Police launch appeal to find seven men in connection with trouble...
- 12:21 Alex Iwobi's nerves are holding him back in front of goal, says...
- 12:22 FA invests in new grassroots football project
- 12:21 The huge hack that took down big bits of the internet is ‘easy to...
- 12:21 John Lewis, Oliver Bonas and Very Exclusive: Accessories we want...
- 12:21 England women draw inspiration for Spain win by meeting up with...
- 12:21 You can get flights for £2 – but you have to book today
- 12:21 Nathaniel Chalobah only made his Chelsea debut this season after...
- 12:21 Child car seats recalled over safety fears
- 12:21 Northern Powerhouse 'all but cancelled' say Labour MPs
- 12:21 More trains for Hartlepool’s Christmas shoppers
- 12:20 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:20 President Obama ridiculed on Snapchat by daughter Sasha
- 12:19 Multi-agency effort to tackle underage drinking in Alnwick
- 12:19 Simulating wildfires through technology
- 12:18 Prisoner goes missing
- 12:18 Wheels come off as Boxing Day pram race gets the push
- 12:18 Lancashire MP in battle against money laundering
- 12:18 Hartlepool United's season and Craig Hignett's reign in numbers
- 12:18 Under the Radar: The Blet Project
- 12:18 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:18 Book review: Autumn, by Ali Smith
- 12:18 Two men fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:17 Court round-up: Grantham area defendants brought before magistrates