Staff ‘not to blame’ for shoddy trust
Inspector blasts management for south-east ambulance failure. by Sofia Lotto Persio
FRONT-LINE staff are not to blame for the “inadequate” performance of the south-east coast ambulance trust (Secamb) placed in special measures, a watchdog found yesterday.
Chief Inspector of Hospitals Professor Sir Mike Richards recommended that Secamb be placed in special measures because it was endangering patients, but he praised the staff for their good work despite the ineffective management.
He said: “Staff told us there was a culture of harassment and bullying.
“We found in many cases there weren’t... read more
- 20:06 Obamacare reform bill PULLED moments before vote as Republicans...
- 20:05 Manchester United lead the race to sign Ajax prodigy Daishawn Redan
- 20:03 Comic Relief 2017: Gary Barlow SHOCKED as James Corden makes jibe...
- 20:01 Hermes parcels sorted in makeshift Northampton car park depot
- 20:01 ‘Hero’ MP Tobias Ellwood appointed to Privy Council
- 20:01 Asos, Accessorise and New Look: The best romantic dresses
- 20:00 Hundreds of motorcyclists form guard of honour for funeral of young...
- 19:59 Birmingham City nostalgia: The Aliou Cisse story
- 19:59 See inside Birmingham's stylish new city centre restaurant
- 19:59 Aston Villa's Neil Taylor happy to be at a club 'everyone envies'
- 19:59 S&P 500 cuts losses as healthcare bill pulled
- 19:58 Sun to shine on Nottingham this weekend as temperatures hot up
- 19:58 Table top sale in Louth in aid of World Challenge
- 19:58 Win a pair of Stoke City season tickets for the Potters' 2017/18...
- 19:56 Sergi Roberto backs Barcelona to appoint Juan Carlos Unzue as manager
- 19:56 Goal machine speaks out about Man United: Forward is leaving...
- 19:53 Manchester City anti-doping breaches revealed: Club broke rules...
- 19:52 Speculators boost U.S. dollar bets for third straight week - CFTC,...
- 19:52 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:51 Jordan Henderson says signing for Liverpool FC was a "surreal" moment
- 19:51 Donald Trump's US healthcare bill vote withdrawn
- 19:48 Robbie Savage: This Chelsea player has been a revelation this season
- 19:48 Snapped: Can you guess who attended England's training session...
- 19:47 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind
- 19:47 Uber tells U.S. court customers must arbitrate disputes
- 19:46 Teachers to strike at Rainhill High School next week
- 19:45 'Let's keep Leicestershire blue': Tories launch county council...
- 19:44 Deer spotted wandering in the road outside Wollaton Park
- 19:43 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:42 Mum has 'lost everything' after devastating house fire in Dawnay...