St. Jude forms cyber panel after claims of heart-device bugs
Medical-device maker St. Jude Medical Inc said on Monday that it planned to set up a medical advisory board focused on cyber-security issues affecting patient care and safety.
St. Jude said in a statement that the group, known as the Cyber Security Medical Advisory Board, would provide advice on cyber security standards for medical devices.
The St. Paul, Minnesota-based company is establishing the group as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration investigates claims that St. Jude heart devices are riddled with defects that make them vulnerable to fatal cyber hacks.
The FDA launched that probe... read more
- 15:42 Vicky Pattison urges women to accept their bodies: ‘I was trying to...
- 15:42 Former Doctor Who assistant Deborah Watling dies aged 69 following...
- 15:41 Liverpool boss insists Philippe Coutinho is not for sale
- 15:41 Wimbledon match-fixing scandal: Tim Henman hints at LIFE BANS if...
- 15:41 Moving abroad: Five tips for feeling at home overseas
- 15:41 Sergio Aguero gives Phil Foden verdict after the teenager's...
- 15:40 Amazon spends $3.2million on lobbying Washington
- 15:38 Stingrays coaching pride
- 15:37 Mastercard £14bn 'overcharge' legal action fails
- 15:36 Barry Bennell sex abuse trial set for January
- 15:35 West Cumbrian band launch first album in 44 years
- 15:35 International street market starts in Workington
- 15:35 When was the first photo taken? And what was it of?
- 15:34 Antonio Conte: I told Diego Costa he could leave Chelsea in January
- 15:34 Arsenal offered Barcelona midfielder Rafinha - reports
- 15:33 Mum’s hilarious post about accidental flatulence during yoga will...
- 15:32 UEFA will make Celtic play behind closed doors if Green Brigade...
- 15:32 We don't want Birmingham's official traveller camp on the Bromford...
- 15:32 Is the Aston Martin Vanquish S Volante a fitting finale?
- 15:30 Tamworth staff 'owed wages and kept in the dark' over Store Twenty...
- 15:30 Chelsea eyeing Fernando Llorente transfer as Michy Batshuayi set to...
- 15:29 MP vows to take Warwick Road extra lane petition to Parliament
- 15:28 Thug found guilty of punching and kicking stepson, 5, to death for...
- 15:28 Moneysupermarket fined for sending seven million unwanted emails
- 15:27 MP vows to take Warwick Road extra lane petition to Parliament
- 15:27 The toddler with Albert Einstein hair! Mother spends two years and...
- 15:26 Roman Abramovich approves Nemanja Matic’s £50m Manchester...
- 15:25 Christian university turns down $3M to close LGBT group
- 15:24 Gemma Collins got confused for an NFL player after sporting the...
- 15:23 Rural Cheshire promoted as perfect spot for businesses to thrive