St Helens recycling centre switch opening times
Recycling centres in St Helens are set to switch to their shorter winter opening hours.
From this Saturday 1st October the Centres will be open from 8am until 5pm – changing from the summer hours of 8am to 8pm.
Carl Beer, chief executive of Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority (MRWA), said: “St Helens householders can use the Centres to recycle a host of items - from cans, car batteries and cardboard to garden waste, glass bottles and jars, paper, scrap metal, textiles and timber, and more. We shorten the hours over the winter to coincide with the darker nights over the upcoming... read more
- 20:49 Police investigate Barrow Island flat damage
- 20:48 Hard Brexit Tories pressure May over customs union
- 20:48 'I am not a racist,' says lawyer behind racist New York cafe rant
- 20:43 MH370 not deliberately crashed by pilot, say investigators
- 20:33 Four Brits accused of setting fire to their hotel in Spain ‘as...
- 20:32 Man robbed at knifepoint and kicked in head in Leeds
- 20:32 Police release CCTV images of car used by masked burglars in West...
- 20:25 Tesco direct closure puts 500 jobs at risk
- 20:24 Smartphones are fuelling a surge in the number of Brits taking cocaine
- 20:23 'Wicked' fake cop conwoman stole life savings from OAP couple aged...
- 20:21 Central Americans flee homes in record numbers: 'The level of...
- 20:17 Watch: Ross Fountain ready to flow once more as restoration completed
- 20:11 $esc.html($content.name)
- 20:08 South Africa kidnappers make ransom demand in bitcoin
- 20:08 No repeat of data scandal, vows Mark Zuckerberg in Brussels
- 20:06 Active shooter linked to murder fires scores of shots during...
- 20:06 Unai Emery set to only be involved in one Arsenal transfer this summer
- 19:59 Ivan Gazidis has won Arsenal power battle but Arteta was a gamble...
- 19:54 Promising footballer died after falling into river on lads’ holiday
- 19:45 Cristiano Ronaldo discovers Lionel Messi Barcelona transfer secret...
- 19:44 $esc.html($content.name)
- 19:44 Manchester United encouraged in pursuit of Lazio midfielder Sergej...
- 19:44 UK needs big digital upgrade to thrive after Brexit, says Hammond
- 19:43 Donald Trump just used the worst excuse to avoid answering a...
- 19:42 Blame middle class for drug-related violence, says police leader
- 19:37 Halifax Borough Market changes: what do you think?
- 19:36 Scott Fraser leaving Dundee United in hope of ‘playing at the...
- 19:34 Carlisle-born footballer Grant Holt on his temporary switch to...
- 19:32 Venezuelan president expels top US diplomat
- 19:29 Trump-Kim summit: Commemorative coin sparks ridicule