Spotify 'in talks to take over Soundcloud'
Music streaming company Spotify is reportedly in talks to take over $700m (£535m) rival Soundcloud.
The two sides are in advanced negotiations, according to the Financial Times.
The talks come at a time when competition in the streaming music sector is intensifying.
Sweden's Spotify remains the market leader but faces increasing competition from Apple Music and Amazon's recently launched music service.
German-based SoundCloud built its business by allowing artists to upload their music and share it with fans on social media and blogs.
It has established the company as an influential player... read more
- 18:37 Nintendo News: Fire Emblem Heroes, Nintendo Classic Mini stock,...
- 18:36 Last drinks for Sheffield's Holme Lea pub
- 18:36 Pick up your rubbish, frustrated Parson Cross resident urges
- 18:36 Body found in South Yorkshire park
- 18:36 Chelsea player ratings: Diego Costa is back, but was he man of the...
- 18:33 Transfer News: Man Utd £26m swoop, Arsenal scout Portugal star,...
- 18:33 Chelsea 2 - Hull 0: Costa strikes on return to help Conte's men...
- 18:33 Chelsea player ratings: Diego Costa redeems himself but which Blues...
- 18:33 Big Brother’s eye on the health service
- 18:30 Pigeon show celebrates 40 years in resort
- 18:27 Arsenal ace opens up on Burnley victory: This is what we had to do
- 18:27 Former Colne Valley MP Sir Patrick Duffy to receive a papal knighthood
- 18:25 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Wyberton school hosts Ugandan children’s choir
- 18:24 Theresa May is preparing to lose battle at Supreme Court
- 18:24 Arsenal 2 Burnley 1: Alexis Sanchez saves Gunners with last-gasp...
- 18:24 Stars appear at Trainspotting sequel premiere
- 18:22 Rhyl soldier blown up by Taliban in Afghanistan tells of how golf...
- 18:22 Diego Costa’s popularity among the Chelsea squad revealed by...
- 18:20 Mahe Fonua says sorry to Hull FC fans after indifferent second-half
- 18:20 Hull City's Ryan Mason taken to hospital after head injury at Chelsea
- 18:19 Chile forest fires: Troops join fight against worst fires in decades
- 18:19 FEATURE: Chimney fire safety advice
- 18:17 Ever fancied being a landlord? Now is your chance with these pubs...
- 18:16 From record profits to restaurant grants...five business stories...
- 18:15 Arsenal send staff to collect information on Euro 2016 winner:...
- 18:15 Brian Neville obituary
- 18:14 Bidding is open to land £2.75bn contract for HS2's 225mph trains
- 18:12 Yassar Yaqub shooting: Lead investigator meets his family
- 18:12 The Chase’s Paul ‘Sinnerman’ Sinha fulfils all students dreams...
- 18:09 Wall St Week Ahead-Optimism among S&P 500 CEOs as Trump takes power