Sports Minister rejects Labour’s call to step in and save Coventry
Sports Minister Tracey Crouch refused yesterday to draft in a mediator to help resolve the crisis engulfing Coventry, claiming that “it is not a matter for the government to intervene on these things.”
The Tory frontbencher faced calls from Labour’s Jim Cunningham, MP for Coventry South, to appoint an “eminent figure,” such as a judge, to “get all sides together” and resolve the problems facing the Sky Blues.
MPs heard the deal allowing City to play at the City of Coventry Stadium expires at the end of the 2017-18 season, with talks to reach an agreement having broken down.
Cunningham said... read more
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...
- 09:20 Heaton salon owner 'gutted' after thieves steal luxury ghd collection
- 09:20 Chester Miles of Smiles dinner guests entertained by former...
- 09:20 Anglo American boosts European mining shares to highest since last Aug
- 09:20 Congolese oppose extension of Kabila's mandate, poll shows
- 09:18 Australia's richest woman invests $300 million in British fertilizer
- 09:18 Snapped: Huge boost for Chelsea as Kurt Zouma plays for reserves…...
- 09:16 Whitbread profits perked up by rising Costa sales
- 09:15 How to unlock every trophy on Snapchat
- 09:13 Hartlepool advice survey needs your vote in funding appeal
- 09:12 Assistant Police and Crime Commissioner appointed in South Yorkshire
- 09:12 South Yorkshire motorway lane blocked after crash between car and van
- 09:10 Charlie Nicholas: This is why Arsenal have the best squad in England
- 09:10 Watch Kurt Zouma give away a penalty in his Chelsea comeback
- 09:09 New Toys R Us opening up in Derby's Intu centre
- 09:09 Parents pay tribute to beloved 38-year-old fitness fanatic from...
- 09:09 Man charged with drink and dangerous driving offences following...
- 09:08 Manchester City ace Kevin De Bruyne hits out at Chelsea for...
- 09:07 Spanish police arrest two Moroccans accused of supporting Islamic...
- 09:07 Jurgen Klopp admits uncertainty over Liverpool team to face Spurs:...