Sports Direct hit by slide in pound
Sports Direct has warned that the extreme swings in the pound overnight will hit its profits.
In a statement, the company said the move will hit next year's profit by about £15m.
In addition, if the exchange rate does not improve, another £20m could be wiped off its earnings.
Overnight on Friday the pound temporarily plunged by 6%, in a flash crash that is thought to have been triggered by automated trading.
Shares in Sports Direct were down nearly 10% after it issued its statement.
"In light of recent downward currency movements, the company entered into a hedging arrangement with... read more
- 07:08 Grave matters at Sheffield Cathedral
- 07:08 The yeast from the east: six wines to try from eastern Europe
- 07:08 Seven ways to improve your memory
- 07:08 How IVF became a licence to print money
- 07:06 How to change a light bulb
- 07:04 From 1966 to Lineker’s hat-trick: England’s best-ever World...
- 07:04 England’s worst-ever performances at the World Cup
- 07:03 Mexico partied so hard after victory over Germany they set off...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira deal close, Sky Sports man...
- 07:01 Man Utd transfer news: Real Madrid ace Toni Kroos 'opens door' on...
- 07:00 England World Cup quiz: How much do you know about the squad?
- 06:59 Carriageway closed on M55 after crash
- 06:59 Birmingham's silent killer - 900 a year die but nobody talks about it
- 06:59 The Birmingham children spending half a year living in B&Bs
- 06:59 Birmingham dad left paralysed 'minutes after being discharged' from...
- 06:53 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp has convinced starlet Rhian...
- 06:53 Leeds Council member for children joins Yorkshire-wide call for...
- 06:53 City hosts celebration of the vegan lifestyle
- 06:53 Watch classic movies under the stars in Leeds city centre
- 06:47 Counterfeiting story is the real deal, say prize judges
- 06:47 Glasgow’s ‘ring’ of rock art sheds light on prehistory
- 06:46 Seals forced to dive off cliffs after yobs start throwing rocks...
- 06:42 Tannery goes hell for leather for expansion
- 06:42 Debit card payments overtake cash
- 06:42 John Lewis trial buy-back scheme for clothing
- 06:41 Man Utd transfer news: Red Devils dealt HUGE blow as Barcelona...
- 06:40 Carriageway closed on M55 after crash
- 06:38 Empty council properties could ease housing shortage across...
- 06:38 Hundreds of children in Coventry missed out on a place at ANY of...
- 06:36 New dog orders under consideration for Hartlepool beach and North...