Sports Direct hit by slide in pound
Sports Direct has warned that the extreme swings in the pound overnight will hit its profits.
In a statement, the company said the move will hit next year's profit by about £15m.
In addition, if the exchange rate does not improve, another £20m could be wiped off its earnings.
Overnight on Friday the pound temporarily plunged by 6%, in a flash crash that is thought to have been triggered by automated trading.
Shares in Sports Direct were down nearly 10% after it issued its statement.
"In light of recent downward currency movements, the company entered into a hedging arrangement with... read more
- 00:05 44 Scotland Street: Waiting for Godot
- 00:05 Praise for public service heroes’ terror response
- 00:05 State-owned banks turn backs on public
- 00:05 Britain ‘in relegation zone’ for new mums
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies
- 00:01 Don't Give Way To Hate
- 00:01 Thousands bid farewell to Martin McGuinness
- 00:01 Chile: 33 Pinochet agents jailed for communist deaths
- 00:01 US: Black politicians raise concerns with Trump face-to-face
- 00:01 Faith leaders label outrage ‘a perversion of Islam’
- 00:01 Mini workers plan another demo to save retirements
- 00:01 Contestants finally leave Channel 4’s Eden to discover show has...
- 00:01 Knowledge of family justice rules is ‘patchy’
- 23:56 ALEX BRUMMER: The bell tolls for Co-op Bank - 'the main interest of...
- 23:55 Teenage pregnancy rates reach lowest level on record
- 23:55 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 23:55 MP told to apologise over failure to declare interest in telecom firm