Sports Direct acting finance boss Matt Pearson resigns
Embattled retailer Sports Direct today revealed that its acting chief financial officer is quitting, just weeks after its chief executive resigned.
The group – which saw founder and Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley step in to replace Dave Forsey as chief executive last month – said Matt Pearson was leaving at the end of the year to take a role with another firm.
Sports Direct said Herbert Monteith, an “experienced and long-standing” member of its finance team, has been appointed as interim head of finance, which is not a board position.
READ MORE: Sports Direct asks Keith Hellawell to... read more
- 15:14 'I thought if I held back and made him beat me, there was always a...
- 15:14 Chester couple have celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary
- 15:14 Cheshire fire cadets fly to Nepal to complete classroom project
- 15:14 Burglars steal several items from Kenilworth home
- 15:12 Blackpool hotel pair on market for £3.25m
- 15:12 New ambulance response standards presented at AGM
- 15:12 WATCH: Free bags for dog waste on trial basis
- 15:12 'I woke up in a pool of blood': TV star Alicia Douvall claims...
- 15:10 Freemasons are next to join successful prostrate screening project...
- 15:09 Porter makes awards final
- 15:09 Tributes paid to Horncastle Civic Society founder
- 15:08 Coronation Street Steve McDonald star Simon Gregson is delighted to...
- 15:07 Ben Davies set to return for Tottenham’s clash with Liverpool
- 15:07 Is Storm Brian forecast to hit Coventry? What you need to know
- 15:07 Investigation finds water problems in Bolsover ‘caused by a digger’
- 15:06 Samsung Galaxy S9 release date, likely price and features
- 15:06 'She will be sorely missed' Family pay tribute to woman found dead...
- 15:06 Man was found in a disabled toilet with under age girl
- 15:06 Coronation Street star slams Lidl over 'sexist' children's pyjamas
- 15:05 Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet
- 15:05 MP Clive Lewis sorry for 'unacceptable language' after video
- 15:05 Man was found in a disabled toilet with under age girl
- 15:05 Cumbrian auctioneer given lifetime achievement award
- 15:04 Weekend fixtures
- 15:01 REVEALED: The EU's £450TRILLION derivative market
- 15:01 Grimsby man jailed for stealing high-powered cars in series of...
- 15:01 Snowball effect...Pet guinea pig helps land school a ‘good’ report
- 14:59 Take part in survey on deafness and hearing loss
- 14:58 TV presenter takes to the battlefield
- 14:58 Chester council leader backs new cafe in bus interchange