News from Sport
Celtic defeated Rangers but the Betfred Cup semi final was marred by a miserable day for referee Craig Thomson
DERBY game No.13 was unlucky for Craig Thomson after a bad day in the Betfred Cup semi-final. The SFA thought they were appointing a safe pair of hands with the 44-year-old but it was a decision that backfired. Craig wasn’t sharp at all with his decision
WHEN Betfred took a punt on the League Cup they couldn’t have dreamed they’d get such a big bang for their buck. The events at Hampden over the weekend mean the bookmakers will have their branding all over a mouth-watering final between the two strongest
If Jose Mourinho thought things couldn’t get any worse, he was wrong. The self-proclaimed Special One suffered a far from special return to Stamford Bridge on Sunday and watched on helplessly as his hapless Manchester United side were battered 4-0 by Che
Related videos Jamie Carragher 'arrested' before Liverpool face United Jamie Carragher 'arrested' before Liverpool face United Jordan Henderson gets absolutely roasted by Liverpool fans Jordan Henderson gets absolutely roasted by Liverpool fans again aft
Who made it into Garth Crooks' team of the week? Monday, 24th October 2016 WHICH players made it into Garth Crooks' latest team of the week? 1 / 12 GETTY GK: Victor Valdes (Middlesbrough) “Chelsea and Leicester certainly impressed Garth Crooks this week
The 23-year-old ace has featured for the Reds five times in all competitions this season and the Daily Mail claim he has been rewarded for his efforts with an improved contract. Stewart only agreed his last deal in February but Liverpool reportedly belie
Related videos Mark Schwarzer tips David Luiz to be a success at Chelsea Mark Schwarzer tips ex-teammate Luiz to be a success at Chelsea FanView - Are Chelsea Fans Really Plastic? We spoke to some Chelsea fans to find out how much they know about their c
Related videos Jack Wilshere - 5 things you need to know 5 things you need to know about English midfielder Jack Wilshere David Luiz - 5 things you need to know 5 things you need to know about Brazilian defender David Luiz. Thiago Maia - 5 things you nee
Chasing 286 for victory, the hosts were all out for 263 on the final morning. Bangladesh began the day needing 33 to beat England with two wickets standing. They added 10 runs before Taijul Islam was given out lbw after a review. Ouch! England bowler Nat
Jose Mourinho accused Antonio Conte of humiliating him during Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Goals from Pedro, Gary Cahill, Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante sealed a comfortable win for Chelsea to make it an unhappy r
GET to know a bit more about the East Kilbride players this season as each week we catch up with a member of Martin Lauchlan’s squad in Kilby Corner. This week's player is: SEAN WINTER, MIDFIELDER, 29 Previous clubs: Arthurlie, Stranraer Who is your foot
Related videos Paul Pogba's incredible top corner goal against Fenerbahce Paul Pogba's incredible top corner goal against Fenerbahce Neymar hit by bottle as Messi sinks Valencia with late goal Neymar hit by bottle as Messi sinks Valencia with late goal
Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths insists there's no other team in Scotland who can live with them after...
LEIGH GRIFFITHS last night branded Celtic as The Untouchables of Scottish football after they beat Rangers to set up a Betfred Cup Final showdown with Aberdeen. Brendan Rodgers’ supersub laid on the winning goal for Moussa Dembele three minutes from the
JJ Hooper and Jak McCourt were singled out for special praise by Cobblers boss Rob Page after Saturday’s 4-2 win over Shrewsbury Town at Greenhous Meadow. Having been restored to the starting line-up for the visit to League One’s bottom club, both Hooper
Toothless display City’s display against Southampton, particularly in the first half, was their most toothless of the season. They were slow in possession and failed to get in behind the Southampton defence, despite an array of attacking quality out on t
- 08:02 Friends affected by cancer 28 times between them band together to...
- 08:01 Blighted lives: The true cost of diabetes
- 08:01 UK banks fear public, politicians set against them on Brexit
- 08:00 Celtic face a far bigger test against Aberdeen than they did...
- 08:00 Celtic defeated Rangers but the Betfred Cup semi final was marred...
- 08:00 Fire Service’s warning after chimney fire at Lincolnshire home
- 07:58 Tom Hayden, famous anti-Vietnam war activist, dies aged 76
- 07:57 Halloween 2016: Family and kids things to do in Birmingham and beyond
- 07:57 It's time to deliver for gay victims of injustice, says Kezia Dugdale
- 07:57 World Wrestling stars set to take-over Grimsby Auditorium
- 07:56 Phil Jones likes Instagram post trolling Jose Mourinho after...
- 07:53 Liverpool title doubt: West Brom midfielder gives Reds a reality check
- 07:52 Investigation launched after woman raped following Sheffield taxi ride
- 07:50 Grimsby Town must end speculation over manager - OPINION
- 07:50 Chris Doig wants quick end to Grimsby Town manager saga
- 07:50 Proud Grimbarian who sang solo at St Paul's Cathedral was...
- 07:49 Humberside Police using unmarked HGV to catch drivers on their...
- 07:49 On the frontline with Yorkshire Ambulance Service's Red Arrest Team
- 07:49 Transgender people tell their fascinating and heartbreaking stories...
- 07:49 How taxi driver saw a purse in the road and saved a Hull woman's...
- 07:49 Hull KR's Kieran Moran hoping for Four Nations debut
- 07:49 Mike Phelan accepts Hull City confidence is crumbling
- 07:49 Hull thief Benjamin Barnes' £40k splurge on Rolex, Disneyland and a...
- 07:49 GSK seeks U.S. approval for shingles vaccine Shingrix
- 07:49 Hull woman 'feared she was going to die' at hands of ex Jamie Bamforth
- 07:49 Contested Weldon homes plan ‘could unlock £500,000 of sports...
- 07:47 Travel, traffic and weather for Burton and South Derbyshire on...
- 07:46 Ben Stokes inspires England to victory in first Bangladesh Test
- 07:46 Adam Lallana: Playmaker provides Anfield update after reaching...
- 07:46 Expert explains why David Luiz wasn't sent off in Chelsea's 4-0 win...