Speed cameras installed on A64 in North Yorkshire will catch drivers exceeding 40mph limit
A series of average-speed cameras have been installed on a section of the A64 in North Yorkshire ahead of work by Highways England to replace the central reservation barriers.
The cameras will track the speed of drivers travelling between Bramham and Tadcaster Bar, with anyone travelling at more than 40mph on average being issued with a ticket.
They had not been activated yesterday but are due to be operational throughout the works, which are scheduled to last between two and three months.
Read more: More safety camera vans head out on North Yorkshire's roads as police seek to cut... read more
- 13:29 SNP axes key oil and gas industry measure
- 13:28 Chester-born Daniel Craig to be a father again at 50
- 13:28 Are you ready to rock?
- 13:28 Record Store Day: where to celebrate and pick up exclusive vinyl...
- 13:27 Passengers angry after new Melton bus service cuts announced
- 13:27 County councillor backs verge plan
- 13:27 Watch dangerous driver race through streets of Rugby
- 13:26 From seagulls to Bardot tops: this week’s fashion trends
- 13:26 What I wore this week: the new day dress
- 13:25 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:25 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with arson attack on car
- 13:24 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:23 VIDEO: CCTV footage shows group steal two motorbikes
- 13:22 PSG 'suspicious' of star man Neymar planning summer exit with Real...
- 13:22 Premier League's quickest players revealed... Mo Salah only ranks...
- 13:22 Man arrested over stabbing in Sheffield house
- 13:20 This many motorists think that breaking the speed limits is acceptable
- 13:20 Fylde coast woman in ‘constant discomfort’ Commons hears during...
- 13:18 American Apparel returns as an 'inclusive' online retailer
- 13:17 Co-op praises police for work in jailing ATM explosion gang who...
- 13:16 Friends make plans for gala celebrations
- 13:16 Charles 'to be next Commonwealth head'
- 13:15 Can you break a car window if a child is locked inside on a hot day?
- 13:14 Rachel Weisz reveals she's pregnant at 48 as star confirms she's...
- 13:13 Chester FC fans' jury: Board has 'critical choice' to make over new...
- 13:13 How cyclists plan to remember Leicester man who was murdered by...
- 13:12 It’s a Pockout teams appeal by Lions Club
- 13:12 London Marathon using recyclable cups to cut plastic waste
- 13:11 How to enter the Great Birmingham 10k run 2018
- 13:11 New craft beer bar Kilder opens in Digbeth