Speed cameras installed on A64 in North Yorkshire will catch drivers exceeding 40mph limit
A series of average-speed cameras have been installed on a section of the A64 in North Yorkshire ahead of work by Highways England to replace the central reservation barriers.
The cameras will track the speed of drivers travelling between Bramham and Tadcaster Bar, with anyone travelling at more than 40mph on average being issued with a ticket.
They had not been activated yesterday but are due to be operational throughout the works, which are scheduled to last between two and three months.
Read more: More safety camera vans head out on North Yorkshire's roads as police seek to cut... read more
- 06:47 Tony Cascarino makes huge claim over Chelsea star Olivier Giroud
- 06:47 Mum ‘forced to make son disabled’ to save his life so doctors can...
- 06:46 WATCH: Family firm Recycling Lives is leading the way in green...
- 06:46 Could ‘Scarborough Fare’ branding boost historic harbour?
- 06:46 UK economy grew slower in first quarter of 2018 than last quarter...
- 06:46 Revealed: The worst anti-social behaviour hotspots in Blackpool
- 06:44 REVEALED: The secret Netflix codes that unlock thousands of TV...
- 06:44 Climate change is slowing Atlantic currents that help keep us warm
- 06:44 Energy bills fall by up to 11 per cent compared with last year
- 06:43 Commitment to make bus station a lot better
- 06:43 Davina McCall ready to fork over £2.5million for quickie divorce...
- 06:41 Austin says Cobblers ‘are going hunting’ as ‘magnificent’ Plymouth...
- 06:41 'Rock of Ages' performances help raise vital funds for Bury charity
- 06:40 'I love tech boys': Chinese job ads mirror sexist attitudes to...
- 06:40 Is this the last chance to save a section of Horncastle’s Roman wall?
- 06:40 REVEALED: The secret Netflix codes that unlock thousands of TV...
- 06:39 Joe Bor: ‘Anti-semitism and the power of comedy to combat it’
- 06:39 Yorkshire property market report and predictions
- 06:38 Theresa May faces difficult week over Brexit and the customs union
- 06:35 Family of girl, 14, raped and murdered ask trolls to stop making...
- 06:33 Sunderland charity holding rainbow bake project
- 06:33 Proposals for 1,500 home village reach next stage with planners
- 06:33 Keen runner Bill, 70, calls on people to take part in Sunderland...
- 06:33 What impact will Sunderland’s relegation to League One have on the...
- 06:32 'Professional burglar' who smashed into eight cars as he fled...
- 06:32 Birmingham car dealership to close
- 06:32 Alison Hammond reveals how she decides what to wear on This Morning
- 06:32 School in Jarrow scores Ofsted top marks hat-trick
- 06:32 Brummie grandad who served in British Army told he is not British...
- 06:32 Tenants want details of 126-home demolition plan in South Shields