Spanish holidays are going to Costa packet as fall in Sterling hits sunseekers in the pocket
The price of holidays to Spain is expected to jump by up to 10 per cent next summer thanks to Brexit and security fears in other countries.
The steep rise was blamed by industry giants Thomas Cook in part on the weak pound against the euro since last year’s referendum vote to leave the European Union.
The other big factor has been holidaymakers shunning hotspots such as Turkey and Egypt because of concerns about security.
Many are taking breaks in Spain instead, pushing up demand for hotels.
Next year’s price rises are on top of increases of six to eight per cent this summer.
Thomas Cook... read more
- 10:01 The most shared thing posted to Facebook in 2017 has been revealed
- 10:01 Threave Rovers aim to go top of the South of Scotland League with...
- 10:00 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty SHUNS Charlie Stayt over shock Star...
- 10:00 Murder charge after death of Cumbrian man
- 09:59 Berwick Children’s Centre is praised by Ofsted
- 09:58 The devil is REAL: Pope says Satan MORE INTELLIGENT than mortals in...
- 09:58 NOT AGAIN! Santa's Sleigh attacked for a second time in Bridlington
- 09:58 Chelsea tipped to use Michy Batshuayi as bait to land Monaco ace...
- 09:58 Joanna’s Apprentice dream crsuhed after “savage” interview round
- 09:57 Bryn Terfel is the latest star to quit Tosca
- 09:56 Teen Tyler remembered for his ‘infectious giggle’
- 09:56 Football club’s stand against male suicide
- 09:56 Sweets expert reveals country's favourite Christmas confections
- 09:54 Win tickets to see Sunderland AFC take on Fulham FC
- 09:54 Sunderland children's services spend £7.7million on agency staff as...
- 09:53 ASOS launches new Star Wars collection
- 09:53 The Christmas tractor run returns in aid of Katharine House
- 09:53 Top UN award for Pock Man
- 09:52 Black Friday lifts UK retail sales in November
- 09:52 Girl saves dad’s bakery with single tweet
- 09:51 VIDEO: Police and forensics on the scene as Buckingham Street in...
- 09:50 Rumours: Barcelona to continue pursuit of Liverpool star
- 09:49 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp targets Atletico Madrid ace Sime...
- 09:49 St Mirren boss Jack Ross calls for greater protection for star man...
- 09:49 Nelson woman accused of pocketing £71,000 from Burnley care home
- 09:49 India 'religious murder' case: Donations for suspect blocked
- 09:48 Number of people considered homeless jumps by 6%
- 09:48 Satellite pictures show just how much snow fell across Derby and...
- 09:47 David Moyes reveals BRUTAL new rule is the secret to West Ham’s...
- 09:45 Millennials will spend £1.1MILLION on rent over their lifetimes if...