Spalding teenage killers' jail terms 'unduly lenient'
The 20-year minimum jail terms given to two teenage murderers who killed a mother and daughter are to be reviewed for being 'too lenient'.
Elizabeth Edwards, 49, and Katie, 13, died at their home in Spalding, Lincolnshire, in April.
The Attorney General will look at the sentences given to the 15 year olds.
The case was referred under the unduly lenient sentence scheme and law officers have 28 days to decide if any action should be taken.
During the trial at Nottingham Crown Court earlier this month, the jury heard the boy and girl - who were both 14 at the time - had sex, shared a bath and... read more
- 15:09 Andy Street unveils new £180k-a-year combined authority chief
- 15:09 School scores high in staff development
- 15:09 Head and neck cancer cured with THIS treatment: Swollen glands were...
- 15:08 Research reveals British Folklore could be in danger of dying out...
- 15:08 Technology addiction leading to relationship breakdowns
- 15:07 Egg company takes environment award
- 15:06 Jolene believes to achieve at Euros
- 15:06 Great white shark ‘is seen hunting in British waters for the first...
- 15:06 Baby was born so premature her eyes were still fused shut
- 15:05 Antonio Conte's transfer wish list: Chelsea boss wants Tiemoue...
- 15:05 Adam Armstrong to be loaned out by Newcastle United again
- 15:05 Real Madrid may want Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez if Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 15:05 Nemanja Matic to Man Utd: Why the Chelsea star is the perfect man...
- 15:05 Serena Williams looks magnificent as she poses naked for iconic...
- 15:04 Berwick Labour confident after improved showing on June 8
- 15:04 Funding boost for the arts in Northumberland
- 15:03 Funding boost for the arts in Northumberland
- 15:03 Take a trip back to the year you were born
- 15:02 Man and woman arrested after report of intruders inside house
- 15:01 What is listeria monocytogenes and what are the symptoms?
- 15:01 When do Burton Albion return for pre-season? All you need to know...
- 15:01 Ryanair CEO says keen on majority stake if decides to bid for Alitalia
- 15:01 Wimbledon 2017: Here's where you can play tennis in Burton and...
- 15:00 Weather warning for heavy rain and thunder in Oxfordshire issued by...
- 15:00 We’ll be taking a photo of this gorgeous dog’s fur to the hairdressers
- 14:59 Number of attack on South Yorkshire police officers doubles
- 14:59 Sheffield trophy row goes to appeal
- 14:59 Doncaster Big Brother winner becomes a mum - and shares photo of...
- 14:59 Death crash trial driver says horror will live with him forever
- 14:58 Wee Gers take on Killie Colts in Irn-Bru Cup