Spain's debt surges above 100 per cent of GDP
The Mediterranean country's debt reached 100.2 per cent of GDP in June, to become the sixth eurozone country with a three figure ration.
Greece's GDP debt ratio is highest at 167.9 per cent, followed by Italy at 132.7 per cent , Portugal at 129 per cent, Cyprus at 108.9 per cent and Belgium at 106 per cent.
France now looks set to be the next country to tip the 100 per cent ratio, after its debt reached 96.1 per cent at the end of 2015.
Spain’s debt-to-GDP ratio is projected to begin declining from 2018 onward.
It comes after Spain recently narrowly avoided sanctions from the European... read more
- 00:37 Nicola Sturgeon and Carwyn Jones hold Brexit talks
- 00:37 Scottish leg of Queen's Commonwealth baton relay due to start
- 00:37 Pound coin gag scoops best Edinburgh Fringe joke award
- 00:37 Brexit: UK seeks 'close co-operation' on legal disputes deal
- 00:34 Edinburgh Fringe: THIS has been named as the funniest joke of the...
- 00:32 Angola to vote to replace long-serving President Dos Santos
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Jay Mitchell gets a surprise visitor after...
- 00:31 EastEnders spoilers: Shock return for killer child Bobby Beale?
- 00:30 AIs that learn from photos become SEXIST and associate women with...
- 00:30 Chimpanzees AND humans spontaneously copy others to pass on new...
- 00:27 The Battle of Hill 70: Canada's forgotten World War One victory
- 00:24 'Always nice to see a few familiar faces': Wayne Rooney taunts...
- 00:22 U-turn over water changes in west Cumbria
- 00:21 Coutinho: If Liverpool signed Keita, Van Dijk and Salah they...
- 00:20 Great Wall of China revs up bid for Fiat Chrysler
- 00:19 PSG close to Kylian Mbappe agreement and in Fabinho talks: Duo to...
- 00:14 Crystal Palace make £15m move for Spurs' defender Kevin Wimmer...
- 00:14 Shock as Burger Chain Kicks Deaf Man Out
- 00:14 Eleanor Rigby's grave goes up for auction
- 00:14 'Stop the fags' poster appears in Melbourne
- 00:14 Are Turkey’s schools dropping evolution and teaching jihad?
- 00:13 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: Monaco consider selling star before...
- 00:11 'We should give back art looted by the Nazis'
- 00:11 Ford announces £2,000 scrappage scheme for pre-2010 cars
- 00:10 Supplement warning: Not enough of THIS vitamin past age of 60 risks...
- 00:10 Arthritis diet: The SIX foods to avoid if you suffer painful symptoms
- 00:10 Babies born to obese mothers at 'higher risk of asthma'
- 00:10 How a school play about Aboriginal history set off a row
- 00:10 What happened when teens from Kashmir and Delhi became pen pals
- 00:10 Luke Shaw and Ashley Young back in action after injury as...